Re: [sig] What book is this from?

  • Anya Stickney
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2012
      Thanks! It looks like the U of A library has it on inter-library loan.

      -Anya

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2012
        Lucky!  I had to buy it.  Not that I'm really complaining, but it worked out to be a $100+ for me.

        And my husband reminds me that those images weren't scanned - I had to use my camera.  The book is BIG, it didn't fit on the scanner....

        Volume 1 is pre-history to the Kievan era.  Vol 2 is Appanage (mongol rule) to Modern era.  However, remember this book is of UKRAINIAN clothing -- post-Appanage, the area we now know as the Ukraine became part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (The Largest Medieval Country You've Never Heard Of), and so Volume 2 will not have spiffy Muscovite clothing in it.   Renaissance fashions were much more common in 15th C Ukraine than they were in 15th C Moscow.  If you're interested in later Ukrainian clothing, Lady Patricia has some awesome books on Lithuania that might help.

        --Sfandra

        ******************
        Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        http://sfandra.webs.com
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
        ******************

        ________________________________
        Thanks! It looks like the U of A library has it on inter-library loan.

        -Anya

        On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > WAAAH!  FLASHBACKS!!!  OK, that's my old old OLD website that I put up for
        > Haus VDK several years ago, for a russian themed winter reign.
        >
        > Images 5, 7, and 10 are all from "Ukrainian Chronicle of Clothing" Vol
        > 1 by Zinaida Vasina.  Try rare book sellers or Ebay.
        >
        > Wow... back when my scanner worked.... those were the days....
        >
        > --Sfandra
        >
        > ******************
        > Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        > O.L., O.M., K.O.E., Haus VDK, East Kingdom
        > http://sfandra.webs.com
        > Never 'pearl' your butt.
        > ******************
        >
        > ________________________________

      • Amy C Wetzel
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2012
          But if you're looking for Kievan Rus clothing, it's perfect!

          Skaia
          --
          it is because you have learned to do evil
          that you cannot now unlearn to do well

          On 10 January 2012 07:13, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

          > Lucky!  I had to buy it.  Not that I'm really complaining, but it worked out to be a $100+ for me.
          >
          > And my husband reminds me that those images weren't scanned - I had to use my camera.  The book is BIG, it didn't fit on the scanner....
          >
          > Volume 1 is pre-history to the Kievan era.  Vol 2 is Appanage (mongol rule) to Modern era.  However, remember this book is of UKRAINIAN clothing -- post-Appanage, the area we now know as the Ukraine became part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (The Largest Medieval Country You've Never Heard Of), and so Volume 2 will not have spiffy Muscovite clothing in it.   Renaissance fashions were much more common in 15th C Ukraine than they were in 15th C Moscow.  If you're interested in later Ukrainian clothing, Lady Patricia has some awesome books on Lithuania that might help.
          >

          > --Sfandra
          >
          > ******************
          > Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          > O.L., O.M., K.O.E., Haus VDK, East Kingdom
          > http://sfandra.webs.com
        • Anya Stickney
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2012
            Excellent! Kievan Rus garb is exactly what I'm looking for.

            In case anyone is interested, I found a picasa site with photos from this
            book.
            https://picasaweb.google.com/100706551175991263168/UkrainianChronicleOfClothing?gsessionid=pFtbXnnuKTN-bykPjMd6cA#

            -Anya