Re: [sig] What book is this from?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2012
      WAAAH!  FLASHBACKS!!!  OK, that's my old old OLD website that I put up for Haus VDK several years ago, for a russian themed winter reign.

      Images 5, 7, and 10 are all from "Ukrainian Chronicle of Clothing" Vol 1 by Zinaida Vasina.  Try rare book sellers or Ebay.

      Wow... back when my scanner worked.... those were the days....

      --Sfandra

      ******************
      Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      http://sfandra.webs.com
      Never 'pearl' your butt.
      ******************

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2012
        Thanks! It looks like the U of A library has it on inter-library loan.

        -Anya

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2012
          Lucky!  I had to buy it.  Not that I'm really complaining, but it worked out to be a $100+ for me.

          And my husband reminds me that those images weren't scanned - I had to use my camera.  The book is BIG, it didn't fit on the scanner....

          Volume 1 is pre-history to the Kievan era.  Vol 2 is Appanage (mongol rule) to Modern era.  However, remember this book is of UKRAINIAN clothing -- post-Appanage, the area we now know as the Ukraine became part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (The Largest Medieval Country You've Never Heard Of), and so Volume 2 will not have spiffy Muscovite clothing in it.   Renaissance fashions were much more common in 15th C Ukraine than they were in 15th C Moscow.  If you're interested in later Ukrainian clothing, Lady Patricia has some awesome books on Lithuania that might help.

          --Sfandra

          ******************
          Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          http://sfandra.webs.com
          Never 'pearl' your butt.
          ******************

          ________________________________
          Thanks! It looks like the U of A library has it on inter-library loan.

          -Anya

          On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > WAAAH!  FLASHBACKS!!!  OK, that's my old old OLD website that I put up for
          > Haus VDK several years ago, for a russian themed winter reign.
          >
          > Images 5, 7, and 10 are all from "Ukrainian Chronicle of Clothing" Vol
          > 1 by Zinaida Vasina.  Try rare book sellers or Ebay.
          >
          > Wow... back when my scanner worked.... those were the days....
          >
          > --Sfandra
          >
          > ******************
          > Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          > O.L., O.M., K.O.E., Haus VDK, East Kingdom
          > http://sfandra.webs.com
          > Never 'pearl' your butt.
          > ******************
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Amy C Wetzel
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2012
            But if you're looking for Kievan Rus clothing, it's perfect!

            Skaia
            --
            it is because you have learned to do evil
            that you cannot now unlearn to do well

            On 10 January 2012 07:13, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

            > Lucky!  I had to buy it.  Not that I'm really complaining, but it worked out to be a $100+ for me.
            >
            > And my husband reminds me that those images weren't scanned - I had to use my camera.  The book is BIG, it didn't fit on the scanner....
            >
            > Volume 1 is pre-history to the Kievan era.  Vol 2 is Appanage (mongol rule) to Modern era.  However, remember this book is of UKRAINIAN clothing -- post-Appanage, the area we now know as the Ukraine became part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (The Largest Medieval Country You've Never Heard Of), and so Volume 2 will not have spiffy Muscovite clothing in it.   Renaissance fashions were much more common in 15th C Ukraine than they were in 15th C Moscow.  If you're interested in later Ukrainian clothing, Lady Patricia has some awesome books on Lithuania that might help.
            >

            > --Sfandra
            >
            > ******************
            > Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            > O.L., O.M., K.O.E., Haus VDK, East Kingdom
            > http://sfandra.webs.com
          • Anya Stickney
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 10, 2012
              Excellent! Kievan Rus garb is exactly what I'm looking for.

              In case anyone is interested, I found a picasa site with photos from this
              book.
              https://picasaweb.google.com/100706551175991263168/UkrainianChronicleOfClothing?gsessionid=pFtbXnnuKTN-bykPjMd6cA#

              -Anya