Re: Are laquer boxes period?

  • Tatiana
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2012
      However, as far as I know, there are two forms of Russian art that are period, Mezen painting and Gzhel.
      Gzel is somewhat questionable, but Mezen is definitely period. Please Google for more info, as I still can't get my files organized after the move.

      Hope this helps,

      Tatiana Moskovskaia
    • Anya Stickney
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2012
        I have seen this, but never knew what the style was called. Thanks!

        -Anya

        On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Tatiana <littlegreensardine@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > However, as far as I know, there are two forms of Russian art that are
        > period, Mezen painting and Gzhel.
        > Gzel is somewhat questionable, but Mezen is definitely period. Please
        > Google for more info, as I still can't get my files organized after the
        > move.
        >
        > Hope this helps,
        >
        > Tatiana Moskovskaia

      • Tatiana
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2012
          You are welcome,

          Mezen art is beautiful in it's simplicity and easily recreated in embroidery and such.

          Tatiana Moskovskaia