Re: name make-up

  • tofaeiriksdottir
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2012
      Thanks, I thought I read on the St. Gabe's page that it was modern (drovna)..I should have said how would you say it instead of written out, I just wanted to know how to combine it all...which you did for me...now to check the heraldry page to see if anyone has anything like it..

      Tofa

      "goldschp tds.net" <goldschp@...> wrote:

      > Ok, I was thrown off by that Aleksandrovna you mentioned since it is a
      > modern patronymic. Oleksandra or Aleksandra are fine. How about
      > Oleksandra Volodislavova doch' Dragomirova?
      >
      > Writing it out how? In period Rus script? Or just in Latin letters?
      >
      > Paul
      > On Jan 8, 2012 3:09 PM, "Madeleine Delacroix" <madeleinedelacroix@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > What I would like as a given name is either Oleksandra or Aleksandra,
      > > daughter of Volodislav Dragomir , the other names I gave are just
      > > something I saw that didn't seem too hard to remember. How would that be
      > > written out?
      > >
      > > Tofa

    • Anya Stickney
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2012
        I'm not familiar with period naming schemes, but in modern Russian, it
        would be Oleksandra Volodislavovna Dragomirova (notice the extra 'n'
        in the middle name). This indicates that your first name is
        Oleksandra, and you are the daughter of Volodislav, whose last name is
        Dragomirov. There is no need for the 'doch' because that is indicated
        by your middle name.

        -Anya