Re: name make-up

  • Madeleine Delacroix
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2012
      What I would like as a given name is either Oleksandra or Aleksandra, daughter of   Volodislav Dragomir , the other names I gave are just something I saw that didn't seem too hard to remember. How would that be written out?

      Tofa

    • goldschp tds.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2012
        Ok, I was thrown off by that Aleksandrovna you mentioned since it is a
        modern patronymic. Oleksandra or Aleksandra are fine. How about
        Oleksandra Volodislavova doch' Dragomirova?

        Writing it out how? In period Rus script? Or just in Latin letters?

        Paul
        On Jan 8, 2012 3:09 PM, "Madeleine Delacroix" <madeleinedelacroix@...>
        wrote:

        > **
        >

        > What I would like as a given name is either Oleksandra or Aleksandra,
        > daughter of Volodislav Dragomir , the other names I gave are just
        > something I saw that didn't seem too hard to remember. How would that be
        > written out?
        >
        > Tofa

      • tofaeiriksdottir
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2012
          Thanks, I thought I read on the St. Gabe's page that it was modern (drovna)..I should have said how would you say it instead of written out, I just wanted to know how to combine it all...which you did for me...now to check the heraldry page to see if anyone has anything like it..

          Tofa

          "goldschp tds.net" <goldschp@...> wrote:

          > Ok, I was thrown off by that Aleksandrovna you mentioned since it is a
          > modern patronymic. Oleksandra or Aleksandra are fine. How about
          > Oleksandra Volodislavova doch' Dragomirova?
          >
          > Writing it out how? In period Rus script? Or just in Latin letters?
          >
          > Paul
          > On Jan 8, 2012 3:09 PM, "Madeleine Delacroix" <madeleinedelacroix@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > What I would like as a given name is either Oleksandra or Aleksandra,
          > > daughter of Volodislav Dragomir , the other names I gave are just
          > > something I saw that didn't seem too hard to remember. How would that be
          > > written out?
          > >
          > > Tofa

        • Anya Stickney
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2012
            I'm not familiar with period naming schemes, but in modern Russian, it
            would be Oleksandra Volodislavovna Dragomirova (notice the extra 'n'
            in the middle name). This indicates that your first name is
            Oleksandra, and you are the daughter of Volodislav, whose last name is
            Dragomirov. There is no need for the 'doch' because that is indicated
            by your middle name.

            -Anya