Tents

  • Mir Plemmons
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2011
      Dobri utro.

      I believe I have seen round arming tents in icons, too, but only found a
      couple.

      I have an umbrella bell tent w canvas ring not dags - it blows rain in
      anywhere you don't ensure a good overlap. I don't like the roof angle, but
      aside from that...

      One thing that helps w the umbrella look is to drill a hole for a pennant
      (suggest chopstick for small but strong) in the wooden hub. Usually the hub
      comes to an onion dome peak, and a narrow pennant makes the effect of the
      tent much better!

      Moya dva grivni,
      Mir

    • kevin purtrell
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2011
        Greetings,
        Attached is admitadly a bad scan of p.202-203 of  "Land Of the Winged Horsemen Art Of Poland 1522-1764 by Jan Ostrowski. It is like 100 years OOP, but I hope it helps. The scan of the tent is upside down.

        YiS,
        Kevin Ambrozijwski

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2011
          Watched "1612" last night. The "Winged Horsemen of Poland" were rather
          interesting.

          I'll have to go back and view it again and see if I can grab some screen
          shots of any of the encampments.

          -david

          On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:39 PM, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...>wrote:

          > Greetings,
          > Attached is admitadly a bad scan of p.202-203 of "Land Of the Winged
          > Horsemen Art Of Poland 1522-1764 by Jan Ostrowski. It is like 100 years
          > OOP, but I hope it helps. The scan of the tent is upside down.
          >
          > YiS,
          > Kevin Ambrozijwski

        • zippy
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
            Having gone to that exhibit it was extremely disappointing the tent was inside out. I didnt get a chance to see the actual roof.