Re: New member

  • Destiny or Jadwiga
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 20, 2011
      Thank you for the links, they are very helpful!

      Interestingly, I had already found one of the paintings referenced on the chantberry site and am in the midst of making a dress of the same style, although I was having trouble with the sleeves; one of the references I had found and Baroness Leda both said that that style of dress consisted of two pieces: an underdress/chemise, usually of brocade, with long sleeves, and an overdress, usually of velvet, with short sleeves. However, I thought the sleeves in the painting were one piece, and the reconstruction bears me out. Therefore, I am making the sleeves one piece.

      I realize that there are probably variations on that style - it probably was worn both ways, and I may make a second dress, at some point, of the other style. However, at this point, it's just easier and certainly cheaper for me to make 1-pc. sleeves with no chemise.

      Jadwiga W.