Re: [sig] russian garb for honor guard

  • S B
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2011
      > ________________________________

      My 2 zloty ... FWIW ... dress to "match" the rest of the guard to the
      degree appropriate. I would say DO wear something you actually could
      move/fight in. (Period or not, something like a "riding skirt" or hakama
      might be appropriate ... looks like a dress, moves like pants.) Depending
      on how much "theater" your "guardee" likes to do, you may have to hustle
      and/or be bunched together ... don't want someone stepping on your hem or
      getting tangled in elaborate sleeves and such.

      Generally, if you are invited, inquire of the commander of the guard and/or
      "guardee."

      If sword+dress seems odd, consider a (moderate sized) spear/glaive/halberd
      ... particularly if there are two in the Guard you can do that cool
      "crossed halberds blocking the way" thing when appropriate (good theater).
      Wear comfy shoes ... you'll be standing. Hit the loo before court.

      --
      Leszek
      These are my opinions. If they were divine revelation, your bush would be