Re[2]: [sig] russian garb for honor guard

  • Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2011
      Gretings!

      Actually, Gilferding in his  History of West Slavsr efers to some West Slavic mercenaries troops in Scandinavia, led by a female warlord...

      Bye,
      Alex.

      11 ноября 2011, 17:42 от Sfandra <seonaid13@...>:

      I think it depends on your persona.   Is your fighting persona a man?  And yes, I know women whose regular persona are female, but on the battlefield are known by male names.

      If you're in a guard unit as a fighter, and your fighting persona is male, then wear male garb.
      If you're in a guard unit as a fighter, and your fighting persona is female, then I see no reason not to wear a swordbelt and sword with a dress.  Additional accessories would be at  your discretion; do you usually wear temple pendants or a veil?

      If we're talking Royal/Queen's Guard, check w/ the Guard Commander or chief retainer.   Some Royalty want a guard unit that's uniform, in livery or some such.  I've seen it done very well: every guard person, male & female, in matching houppelandes, etc.   Other Royals don't care as much.

      I'd say, if you're usually wearing female garb, stick with female garb.  If you fight as a male, then wear male garb in the situations that emphasize your fighting (like being selected for a guard unit).

      --Sfandra
      --who's always dressed female, including the times I was nicknamed "Banshee" and "Sniper".

      ******************
      Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      http://sfandra.webs.com
      Never 'pearl' your butt.
      ******************

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2011
        > ________________________________

        My 2 zloty ... FWIW ... dress to "match" the rest of the guard to the
        degree appropriate. I would say DO wear something you actually could
        move/fight in. (Period or not, something like a "riding skirt" or hakama
        might be appropriate ... looks like a dress, moves like pants.) Depending
        on how much "theater" your "guardee" likes to do, you may have to hustle
        and/or be bunched together ... don't want someone stepping on your hem or
        getting tangled in elaborate sleeves and such.

        Generally, if you are invited, inquire of the commander of the guard and/or
        "guardee."

        If sword+dress seems odd, consider a (moderate sized) spear/glaive/halberd
        ... particularly if there are two in the Guard you can do that cool
        "crossed halberds blocking the way" thing when appropriate (good theater).
        Wear comfy shoes ... you'll be standing. Hit the loo before court.

        --
        Leszek
        These are my opinions. If they were divine revelation, your bush would be