Open Apology to the SIG membership

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011
      Greetings from Mordok aka 'dok,
      First, I need to apologize to all of you, most especially the members who attended Pennsic this year, but most especially to Paul and Jadwiga. I failed you. The Slavic interest Pennsic meeting was a total failure due to my own failure to act and organize it. I wish I had some great excuse, but the simple truth is that I overcommitted, was too blind with hubrus from successful past juggling acts to have the wisdom to realize it, and dropped the ball on The Pennsic meeting and a couple SCA related responsibilities. 3 seperate SCA related responsibilities, to be exact, all completely avoidable had I been more competent.
      Its not an excuse for there is no excuse that is adequate. I would have done this sooner but my main concerns these last few months suddenly became exclsuively mundane, so the SCA and everything I love about it and this group are on the inactive list, much against my personal preferences. Its a mess.
      Once again, I am very sorry and deeply apologize for my failures to you all, and to two in particular.
    • mask_without_eyes
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011
        I am totally not involved and I am also so very new to the group... but I sense a lot of pain in your words and I suspect you may be being a little harder on yourself than maybe others are. The SCA will still be here and I bet those that care for you will understand that you had problems, and also that you had mundanities collide and cause a problem.

        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

        > Greetings from Mordok aka 'dok,
        > First, I need to apologize to all of you, most especially the members who attended Pennsic this year, but most especially to Paul and Jadwiga. I failed you. The Slavic interest Pennsic meeting was a total failure due to my own failure to act and organize it. I wish I had some great excuse, but the simple truth is that I overcommitted, was too blind with hubrus from successful past juggling acts to have the wisdom to realize it, and dropped the ball on The Pennsic meeting and a couple SCA related responsibilities. 3 seperate SCA related responsibilities, to be exact, all completely avoidable had I been more competent.
        > Its not an excuse for there is no excuse that is adequate. I would have done this sooner but my main concerns these last few months suddenly became exclsuively mundane, so the SCA and everything I love about it and this group are on the inactive list, much against my personal preferences. Its a mess.
        > Once again, I am very sorry and deeply apologize for my failures to you all, and to two in particular.

      • Paul W Goldschmidt
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011
          Warmly affirmed (and also responded to privately)!

          -- Paul Wickenden

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011
            'Dok -- No matter what, we all love you.   Take time for yourself, and know we'll always welcome you back with open arms.

            Hugs,
            Sfandra

            ******************
            Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            http://sfandra.webs.com
            Never 'pearl' your butt.

[...]

          • sergius197316428
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 11, 2011
              Mordok, Speaking for myself, no need to apologize to the group. Life happens, and you've done plenty for the SIG as it is. Priorities happen, and rather than lapsing into platitudes/ cliches et c., I'll just wish you luck with all that's going on and look forward to the next time. You'll be back. Take care. Sergius B

            • charles stefanich
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 11, 2011
                I totally agree.
                Valkai Istvan