Hi! New to the group!

  • mask_without_eyes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2011
      Hi there, all! I'm Samantha. I am coming back into the SCA after a very long period away. I'm in the beginning process of researching a 13th century persona, either Hungarian or Romanian. I saw some links in the Slovo Subject List, but if anyone has any other handy advice, I'd love the help! I am going to be starting off fairly basic for the period and the area, so am looking for just the run of the mill that a woman would wear about that time.

      Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2011
        On 10/09/2011 12:41 PM, mask_without_eyes wrote:
        > Hi there, all! I'm Samantha. I am coming back into the SCA after a very long period away. I'm in the beginning process of researching a 13th century persona, either Hungarian or Romanian. I saw some links in the Slovo Subject List, but if anyone has any other handy advice, I'd love the help! I am going to be starting off fairly basic for the period and the area, so am looking for just the run of the mill that a woman would wear about that time.
        >
        > Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

        You may find this site (lots of subpages) useful, if you haven't found
        them yet:

        http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaPortul/contents.htm

        --
        Cathy Raymond
        cathy@...

        "Beware how you take away hope from another human being."
        --Oliver Wendell Holmes
      • mask_without_eyes
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2011
          Hope I am snipping enough.. I did read the rules, I promise!

          Thank you, Cathy, I will check that link out posthaste! :-)