Romanian, Wallachian Moldavian and Transylvanian Heraldry

  • Quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2011
      Hi all,

      I found another online resource that might be useful for people:

      Dan Cernovodeanu, 1977. Stiinta si arta heraldica in Romania/ La science et l'art heraldiques en Roumanie (Bucarest : Editura Stiintifica si Enciclopedica)

      http://digitool.dc.bmms.ro:8881/R/-?func=dbin-jump-full&object_id=850864&silo_library=GEN01

      It's from the Digital Library of Romania, http://dacoromanica.ro/, which also seems to be useful if you are looking for pre-16th century documents (for example, if you are trying to find names of people). The search function is pretty neat, click on 'Căutare' for the search box, type in the word you're looking for and it will pull up _all_ of the texts that contain that word. When you then select the PDF copy of the book you're after, it'll automatically search for all of that word's occurrences.

      Hope it's useful!
      ~Asfridhr