Re: [sig] Anyone know what a Dworanica is?

  • aldo
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2011
      Actually it is a charter of nobility which was granted to people/places either for merits or by a special concession by the Russian Emperor.
      Ciao

      Aldo

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 2011
        <<snip>>
        > Anyone know what a Dworanica is?
        <<snip>>

        Dwór means 'court' or 'manor' (eg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dw%C3%B3r_(manor_house) ), so I'd lean towards it being some sort of grant of nobility/property?

        Sorry it's not much,

        ~Asfridhr
      • Susan Saladini
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13, 2011
          Thanks everyone! That information is very helpful. I really appreciate it.

          Sof

          susanrae@...