Interesting Journal: Archaeologia Polonia

  • Quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2011
      Hi all,
      Found a journal which has it's back issues online in PDF format from 2006 to the 1950s.

      http://www.iaepan.edu.pl/archaeologia-polona/archives

      For example, there are some articles about early Polish and Russian towns in issue 32:
      http://www.iaepan.edu.pl/archaeologia-polona/volume/30

      Much of the journal is focused more towards literature-review pieces moreso than reporting new and exciting archaeological finds, but there is still a fantastic paper about the perils of interpreting culture entirely from archaeology and not written sources.

      Paul Barford 1996. "Culture and the uncultured: archaeological constructs based on behavioural debris (aspects of the "Warsaw Rubbish Project")" Archaeologia Polona vol. 34 pp. 199-204
      http://www.iaepan.edu.pl/archaeologia-polona/article/544

      Hope it's a useful resource!

      Asfridhr
    • Magdalena