Re: [sig] Russian Black bread recipe?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2011
      Not at all! I'm. Working on an announcement concerning the Pennsic meeting at Pennsic and some articles!

      Concerning the Magyar issue....would you mind doing a Slovo article talking about the formation of SIG when rocks were soft and some of the traditions that were formed back then and why? Could give context to the newer members?
      Tim

      On Thu Jun 16th, 2011 5:40 AM EDT goldschp tds.net wrote:

      >Mordak
      >
      >Do you mind if I post this to Slovo?
      >On Jun 15, 2011 10:11 PM, "Tim Nalley" <mordakus@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> I want to brew a beer using the ingrediemts for Russian black bread. I
      >already habve a source for black bread sourdough yeast so I need the
      >ingredients next. It'll be called:
      >>
      >> Tsar Ivan's Terribly Black Bread Ale!
      >>
      >> I'll break thr batch down into gallons and for the secondary fermentation
      >and season it with various period additives like honey, etc. Then at Pennsic
      >41 I'll have a tasting at the SIG meeting!!!
      >> Thanks,
      >> 'dok

    • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2011
        We make all of our bread at home and currently have a sourdough mother
        going...can you share the bread recipe?

        I can await the beer recipe.

        Ianuk

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2011
          Hah! As soon as someone holds forth I'll be happy to share!
          'dok