Russian Black bread recipe?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2011
      I want to brew a beer using the ingrediemts for Russian black bread. I already habve a source for black bread sourdough yeast so I need the ingredients next. It'll be called:

      Tsar Ivan's Terribly Black Bread Ale!

      I'll break thr batch down into gallons and for the secondary fermentation and season it with various period additives like honey, etc. Then at Pennsic 41 I'll have a tasting at the SIG meeting!!!
      Thanks,
      'dok
    • goldschp tds.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2011
        Mordak

        Do you mind if I post this to Slovo?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2011
          Not at all! I'm. Working on an announcement concerning the Pennsic meeting at Pennsic and some articles!

          Concerning the Magyar issue....would you mind doing a Slovo article talking about the formation of SIG when rocks were soft and some of the traditions that were formed back then and why? Could give context to the newer members?
          Tim

          On Thu Jun 16th, 2011 5:40 AM EDT goldschp tds.net wrote:

          >Mordak
          >
          >Do you mind if I post this to Slovo?
          >On Jun 15, 2011 10:11 PM, "Tim Nalley" <mordakus@...> wrote:
          >>

          >> I want to brew a beer using the ingrediemts for Russian black bread. I
          >already habve a source for black bread sourdough yeast so I need the
          >ingredients next. It'll be called:
          >>
          >> Tsar Ivan's Terribly Black Bread Ale!
          >>
          >> I'll break thr batch down into gallons and for the secondary fermentation
          >and season it with various period additives like honey, etc. Then at Pennsic
          >41 I'll have a tasting at the SIG meeting!!!
          >> Thanks,
          >> 'dok

        • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 16, 2011
            We make all of our bread at home and currently have a sourdough mother
            going...can you share the bread recipe?

            I can await the beer recipe.

            Ianuk

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 16, 2011
              Hah! As soon as someone holds forth I'll be happy to share!
              'dok