Re: recipes

  • Magdalena
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2011
      Speaking for the research I've done on Medieval Poland, it's really difficult to find documented, period food. Dembinska's book is the best we have for Poland at the moment. And even with her book you have to be careful about accepting it as the final word.

      For instance, she suggests that the Polish word PIERNIKI comes from the German pfefferneuse. I'm having a hard time accepting this unless the Russian PRYANIKI also comes from the German. I would love to hear from a linguists on this one. LOL

      I encourage people to think beyond the accepted about Poland. Don't assume that everything in Poland was copied after something German.

      I'm on vacation for the next week. When I get back, I'll post my recipe.

      Thank you all for the encouragement.

      Magdalena