Re: [sig] No More Pearling 4 Me!

  • Owlharp@juno.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011
      In fact, I just bought some pearls of her last weekend, and they were
      very reasonable.

      Fevronia

      On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:09:31 -0500 Purple Kat <purplkat597@...>
      writes:

      I know of a merchant who sells fresh water pearls at a good price...

      www.fabricdragon.com

      she dosen't have many pics - but e-mail her and tell her exactly what you
      want - and she probably has it..

      Katheryne

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011
        I find pretty good deals at bead expos. There's usually one or two wholesalers there with pearls, and sometimes they have deals. Once you're on a mailing list, you usually get a free-entry postcard for the next expo. This one's mostly an eastern-seaboard circuit, but you get the idea: http://www.innovativebeadsexpo.com/shows.php?link=attend

        Also, there's a wholesaler in Providence RI that has a website, called Wolf E Myrow. It doesn't have a lot up on the site, but it's a monster warehouse of findings. They have only a couple of pearls on the website, and they do have minimums:
        http://www.closeoutjewelryfindings.com/cgi-bin/quikstore.cgi?category=Beads_>_Genuine&search=yes&page=search.html
        But if you call them with what you're seeking, they might be able to hook you up. FWIW, the bigger pearls on my Orange Hat o' Doom were pearlized glass beads from Myrow.

        Also, if you're looking for something, let me know, because I have a week off in March (the week of Gulf Wars -- not going, but taking the vaca anyway), and can get to Myrow during the day to hunt up what you seek, and send photos over the phone...

        -Sfandra

        --- On Wed, 2/16/11, Purple Kat <purplkat597@...> wrote:

        > I know of a merchant who sells fresh
        > water pearls at a good price...
        >
        > www.fabricdragon.com
        >
        > she dosen't have many pics - but e-mail her and tell her
        > exactly what you
        > want - and she probably has it..
        >
        > Katheryne
        >
        > On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...>
        > wrote:
        >

        > > Unfortunately, the supply of freshwater pearls has
        > been restricted in
        > > recent years to China, thanks to the recession. After
        > the quality plummeted
        > > and the price quadrupled, I lost my taste for
        > pearling.
        > >
        > > Unless circumstnces change or commission customers
        > decide to pay through
        > > the nose for pearls fit only for crushing and use in
        > Pearl Cream, I'm using
        > > stone and laidwork! Its a damn shame too!
        > >
        > > 'dok

      • Purple Kat
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011
          in fact she is going to be at Wicked Winter Faire this weekend.

          www.wickedfaire.com

          Katheryne

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 18, 2011
            That looks fun, but I live in one of the Food states. Pennsic is halfway to Sommerset for me! Isn't she a costuming Laurel in the EK? Its a small world online!
            'dok