Re: [sig] help with sewing fur as a lining

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi Magdalena!
      Sewing the shell to the lining is both the.easiest and the last part! There's a trick, and here it is. After you fit your outer shell over your furlining, pin at the back of the neck to center then smOoth the fabric out to each shoulder point and pin. Unless it has side slits at the hem, it only needs to be attached permanently along the front, around the neck and at the cuffs! I usually throw a very small, invisible stitch where its pinned at each shoulder cap!
      If you're lucky enough to not have to cut apart and expand a fur coat into a bigger lining that fits you, then its very few steps. I've never been that luckyan and now ten linings later, I've stumbled across many ways to reconstruct them. Some ways even work!
      If you have any more questions, ask me! I may also have this online at Sofya la Rus's website!?
      'doch

      On Tue Feb 1st, 2011 2:09 PM EST Magdalena wrote:

      >Greetings all. I have a fox coat that was given to me that I would like to use to line an outer garment. Does anyone have instructions on how to go about this?
      >
      >My first question is, how do I sew the fur lining to the fabric shell?
      >
      >YIS
      >Magdalena

    • Lisa Kies
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
        Greetings from Sofya!

        I guess that's my cue... :-)

        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/Mordak/mordakfurlining.pdf

        It shows schematics of various ways to remodel fur coats to fit new
        garments.

        At your service,

        Sofya

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
          That's why we love you, Sofya!

          Seriously, for anyone wanting or needing help with furhandling, fur trimming or furlining, please don't hesitatye to contact me! I have 15 years experience costuming with "recycled" fur items, and I'm always equally eager to help, or, learn something new! I'm fixing to do my 11th furlined coat,(the 2nd for my Lady) and my second tall furry
          3ussian trashcan hat (black fox) for Pan Zigmund's elevation ( I need to look good!).
          Contact me! I'll love to chat, and spread my love of fur (and pearls)!!!!
          'doch