SLavic U

  • Marilyn Kinyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2011
      Speaking as autocrat of the last Slavic U . I will add that it is a fairly
      easy event to host. In fact it was the first event I hosted and seemed to go
      quite well.
      We did organize ours like a small schola or colligium and our shire pot
      lucked the food ( thanks to them). I think the main thing i would advise is
      to give yourself a nice amount of lead time and startr advertising early.
      That gives both teachers and participants a chance to plan if they need to
      take time off and travel. I would also advise trying to keep costs down for
      the same reason. Teachers tend to travel from far and wide , but local
      teachers are welcome as well. The main idea is to expose more of the
      populace to an opportunity to meet with teachers who teach Slavic
      subjects. If you take this on feel free to email me questions.. it was a
      great day and we had a wonderful time hosting it. So much so that my shire
      is asking when can we do it again.

      THL Marija Kotok

      --
      *<http://feedproxy.google.com/%7Er/brainyquote/QUOTEBR/%7E3/iyyDshjR9cA/albert_schweitzer.html>
      *�If a miracle can happen at any time, then why not today?�