11 Slavic U?

  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 27, 2011
      Is there one this year? If so, where at?
      --
      Zygmunt Nadratowski
      "Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the

    • goldschp tds.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 27, 2011
        I have heard nothing.

        Anyone interested in hosting?

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 27, 2011
          Nothing right now. I *might* be able to pull something together for the fall. However, I'm am east of East -- Boston MA. Not exactly an easy trek for many. Perhaps if we have an Easterner on the western edge of the kingdom?

          --Sfandra

          > "Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your
          > face. Then the
          > worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order"
          > Want to learn to fight rapier or rattan? Ask me and I'll
          > come & teach!
          > SCA Polish Culture Resource: http://www.plcommonwealth.org

          >     sig-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • rickjs
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 27, 2011
            I've never made one before because of location- Boston is not easy for me either, but why not there?

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 27, 2011
              Boston is on the Eastern seaboard of the US. Many of our members are from the middle of the USA, or even the western part of the USA. To visit Boston would mean a VERY long drive (more than 12 hours) or an expensive flight.

              Basically, a location more central to the USA would be better for more people. Although, you would be looking at an expensive air fare no matter what, Rick! :-)

              But let us all take a moment to imagine gathering for a Slavic U. in Kiev or Moscow.... *sighs dreamily* As soon as I hit the MegaMillions Lottery, I promise to take us all!

              Cheers,
              Sfandra

              ******************

              --- On Thu, 1/27/11, rickjs <orlirva@...> wrote:

              > I've never made one before because of
              > location- Boston is not easy for me either, but why not
              > there?
              >
              > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com,
              > Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Nothing right now.  I *might* be able to pull
              > something together for the fall.  However, I'm am east
              > of East -- Boston MA.   Not exactly an easy
              > trek for many.  Perhaps if we have an Easterner on the
              > western edge of the kingdom?
            • Liudmila
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 28, 2011
                Would people come to California? Probably as bad as Boston, but could be a vacation...
                Liudmila

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Jan 27, 2011, at 7:14 AM, "goldschp tds.net" <goldschp@...> wrote:

                > I have heard nothing.
                >
                > Anyone interested in hosting?
                >
                > On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski <
                > panzygmunt@...> wrote:
                >

                >> Is there one this year? If so, where at?
                >> --
                >> Zygmunt Nadratowski
                >> "Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the
                >> worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order"
                >> Want to learn to fight rapier or rattan? Ask me and I'll come & teach!
                >> SCA Polish Culture Resource: http://www.plcommonwealth.org

              • christopher chastain
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 28, 2011
                  There's always Trimaris, we got disney world

                  Yours in Humble Service,
                  Pomestnik Dmitrii Ivanov

                  I am a soldier of Trimaris, I will not yield!

                  ()====[]::::::::::::::::::>

                  To: sig@yahoogroups.com
                  From: LiudmilaV@...
                  Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:52:58 -0800
                  Subject: Re: [sig] 11 Slavic U?

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 28, 2011
                    I would! I do it a lot already anyway, but most of all I's like to see a
                    University take place in another part of the US and we have plenty of
                    interest on the West Coast. Do you know of a group who would sponsor it?

                    -- Paul

                    On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Liudmila <LiudmilaV@...> wrote:

                    > Would people come to California? Probably as bad as Boston, but could be a
                    > vacation...
                    > Liudmila
                    >
                    > Sent from my iPhone
                    >
                    > On Jan 27, 2011, at 7:14 AM, "goldschp tds.net" <goldschp@...<goldschp%40tds.net>>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > I have heard nothing.
                    > >
                    > > Anyone interested in hosting?
                    > >
                    > > On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski <
                    > > panzygmunt@... <panzygmunt%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                    > >

                    > >> Is there one this year? If so, where at?
                    > >> --
                    > >> Zygmunt Nadratowski
                    > >> "Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the
                    > >> worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order"
                    > >> Want to learn to fight rapier or rattan? Ask me and I'll come & teach!
                    > >> SCA Polish Culture Resource: http://www.plcommonwealth.org

                  • Hastings
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 28, 2011
                      I'm in Utah, so California would be fabulous. :)

                      Alternately, if anyone is interested in coming to Utah, my Province said they'd be willing to host.

                      Praksedys
                      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Liudmila <LiudmilaV@...> wrote:

                      > Would people come to California? Probably as bad as Boston, but could be a vacation...
                      > Liudmila
                      >
                      > Sent from my iPhone
                      >
                      > On Jan 27, 2011, at 7:14 AM, "goldschp tds.net" <goldschp@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > I have heard nothing.
                      > >
                      > > Anyone interested in hosting?
                      > >
                      > > On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski <
                      > > panzygmunt@...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > >> Is there one this year? If so, where at?
                      > >> --
                      > >> Zygmunt Nadratowski
                      > >> "Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the
                      > >> worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order"
                      > >> Want to learn to fight rapier or rattan? Ask me and I'll come & teach!
                      > >> SCA Polish Culture Resource: http://www.plcommonwealth.org

                    • Purple Kat
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 28, 2011
                        Sfandra,

                        Who would want to go to Russia?? Yucky winters...

                        A better place is Warsaw or Krakow...
                        hehehehehehehe
                        Panni Katardzyna Niedzwiedzsca Bochenek
                        aka
                        Lady Katheryne the Spinner
                        On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

                        > Boston is on the Eastern seaboard of the US. Many of our members are from
                        > the middle of the USA, or even the western part of the USA. To visit Boston
                        > would mean a VERY long drive (more than 12 hours) or an expensive flight.
                        >
                        > Basically, a location more central to the USA would be better for more
                        > people. Although, you would be looking at an expensive air fare no matter
                        > what, Rick! :-)
                        >
                        > But let us all take a moment to imagine gathering for a Slavic U. in Kiev
                        > or Moscow.... *sighs dreamily* As soon as I hit the MegaMillions Lottery, I
                        > promise to take us all!
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        > Sfandra

                      • Lisa Kies
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 28, 2011
                          Ah, but the white nights in St. Petersburg are magical...

                          Sofya

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 30, 2011
                            Dmitrii --
                            Don't lead me into temptation, I can find it all by myself!! ;)

                            --Sfandra

                            > There's always Trimaris, we got disney world
                            >

                            > Yours in Humble Service,
                            > Pomestnik Dmitrii Ivanov
                            >

                            > I am a soldier of Trimaris, I will not yield!
                            >
                            > ()====[]::::::::::::::::::>
                            >

                            > To: sig@yahoogroups.com
                            > From: LiudmilaV@...
                            > Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:52:58 -0800
                            > Subject: Re: [sig] 11 Slavic U?
                            >

                            > Would people come to California? Probably as bad as Boston,
                            > but could be a vacation...
                            > Liudmila
                            >
                            > Sent from my iPhone
                            >
                            > On Jan 27, 2011, at 7:14 AM, "goldschp tds.net" <goldschp@...>
                            > wrote:
                            >
                            > > I have heard nothing.
                            > >
                            > > Anyone interested in hosting?
                            > >
                            > > On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Pan Zygmunt
                            > Nadratowski <
                            > > panzygmunt@...>
                            > wrote:
                            > >

                            > >> Is there one this year? If so, where at?
                            > >> --
                            > >> Zygmunt Nadratowski
                            > >> "Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt
                            > in your face. Then the
                            > >> worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that
                            > order"
                            > >> Want to learn to fight rapier or rattan? Ask me
                            > and I'll come & teach!
                            > >> SCA Polish Culture Resource: http://www.plcommonwealth.org
                            > >>
                            > >> [Non-text portions of this message have been
                            > removed]

                            >     sig-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          • Amy Tubbs
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
                              The cost of renting an indoor location here in sunny southern California can
                              be very, very expensive. We have some schools that are great to work with,
                              but when I checked 2 years ago for an event, they charged $55 per hour for a
                              minimum of 8 hours...and that was just for the custodian. If there is a
                              sincere interest in coming to southern California (I live 4 miles from
                              Disneyland), then I can look into current pricing and see if it will be
                              affordable or cost-prohibitive.

                              Also, Orange County has an airport (SNA - John Wayne) as well as many nearby
                              (Ontario, Long Beach, Burbank, and LAX).

                              --Vitasha

                              P.S. The weather this weekend is forecast at 75 degrees and sunny. :P

                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 2, 2011
                                What about Vegas? Cheap flights, plenty of empty hotel rooms, lots of
                                entertainmment!

                                 Best Regards,
                                'dok