Re: [sig] 13th century slavic warrior images

  • Owen Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2011
      I'm also interested in historically accurate Slavic/Varangian armor for the
      10th or 11th centuries.

      I've done a bit of online research but haven't found that much which would
      be helpful. Any additional references would be much appreciated.

      One site I've found interesting:
      http://www.xenophon-mil.org/rushistory/medievalarmor/parti.htm

      Svoi
      MKA Owen Smith

      On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM, bill0303 <b2ndseat@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have access to a historically accurate image of a 13th century
      > Slavic warrior? I am in the SCA and I am trying to put an accurate armor kit
      > together. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Wojciech
      > Mka Bill Anderson

    • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2011
        Hey Wojciech,

        What kind of slav are you wanting to be? From what country/area?
        From the name, I'm guessing Poland. Is that right?
        --
        Zygmunt Nadratowski
        "Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the

      • Catherine Olanich Raymond
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2011
          I just received an e-mail from David Brown Book Company/Oxbow Books,
          noting that two books on material culture in medieval Novgorod are on
          sale at greatly reduced prices. I figured that the members of this list
          would likely be interested. The book information is as follows:

          'Wood Use in Medieval Novgorod' - edited by Mark Brisbane and Jon Hather
          List Price: US$ 120.00 * Our Price: US$ 39.98 *
          List Price: US$ 120.00
          Link: http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/80494/MID/27364

          'The Pottery from Medieval Novgorod and its Region' - by Clive Orton
          List Price: US$ 80.00 * Our Price: US$ 29.98 *
          Link: http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/59992/MID/27364

          --
          Cathy Raymond
          cathy@...

          "I'm a little bit disappointed that cat plus Internet doesn't equal
          YouTube."— Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw