13th century slavic warrior images

  • bill0303
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2011
      Does anyone have access to a historically accurate image of a 13th century Slavic warrior? I am in the SCA and I am trying to put an accurate armor kit together. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

      Wojciech
      Mka Bill Anderson
    • Owen Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2011
        I'm also interested in historically accurate Slavic/Varangian armor for the
        10th or 11th centuries.

        I've done a bit of online research but haven't found that much which would
        be helpful. Any additional references would be much appreciated.

        One site I've found interesting:
        http://www.xenophon-mil.org/rushistory/medievalarmor/parti.htm

        Svoi
        MKA Owen Smith

        On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM, bill0303 <b2ndseat@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have access to a historically accurate image of a 13th century
        > Slavic warrior? I am in the SCA and I am trying to put an accurate armor kit
        > together. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Wojciech
        > Mka Bill Anderson

      • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2011
          Hey Wojciech,

          What kind of slav are you wanting to be? From what country/area?
          From the name, I'm guessing Poland. Is that right?
          --
          Zygmunt Nadratowski
          "Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the

        • Catherine Olanich Raymond
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2011
            I just received an e-mail from David Brown Book Company/Oxbow Books,
            noting that two books on material culture in medieval Novgorod are on
            sale at greatly reduced prices. I figured that the members of this list
            would likely be interested. The book information is as follows:

            'Wood Use in Medieval Novgorod' - edited by Mark Brisbane and Jon Hather
            List Price: US$ 120.00 * Our Price: US$ 39.98 *
            List Price: US$ 120.00
            Link: http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/80494/MID/27364

            'The Pottery from Medieval Novgorod and its Region' - by Clive Orton
            List Price: US$ 80.00 * Our Price: US$ 29.98 *
            Link: http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/59992/MID/27364

            --
            Cathy Raymond
            cathy@...

            "I'm a little bit disappointed that cat plus Internet doesn't equal
            YouTube."— Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw