Re: [sig] Re: 10th century Rus

  • Spider
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
      oops, yup. Looking too long at the screen :-P
      Stephanie
      http://thespidersweb.webs.com/index.html

      "Separated from the natural world, we are lonely, destructive and guilty- but
      our solutions to environmental destruction are crafted within the frame of mind
      that created the division and isolation. "Saving nature" because it makes
      economic sense, because the natural world may contain drugs to heal human ills
      or even because doing so is "natural justice"- these are all arguments from the
      Cartesian world where mind acts on the world, observing, analyzing, quantifying.
      Above all, they are arguments, and in every argument there is a winner and a
      loser."
      David Suzuki, the Sacred Balance