Re: [sig] Going to Gulf Wars

  • Lisa Kies
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 8, 2011
      Okay, I'm going to request space for a meeting at Gulf Wars.

      I'm thinking afternoon, but I'm not sure if we should meet earlier in the
      week so we "break the ice" for the rest of the war, or if we should meet
      later in the week so more people can be there.

      Is everyone planning to be there for the whole week? Or are any of those
      planning to be there not able to come until later in the week?

      And does anyone want to "co-sponsor" it with me?

      Sofya

      ___
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
      {o,o}
      (__(|
      "Nasytivshimsya knizhnoj sladosti."
      -^-^-`
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 9, 2011
        I have a sad.

        It appears that I cannot attend Gulf Wars after all. Questionable employment, and possible home purchase means I don't have the nearly 2K it would cost me to fly, rent a car, and stay at a hotel, and I'm not able to drive it either.

        Unless something changes in the next month, I now cannot attend. I'm very very bummed about this, because I was very very excited to go.

        Sadly,
        Sfandra

        ******************
        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        KOE, OM, Haus VDK, East Kingdom
        http://sfandra.webs.com
        ******************
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
        "Ja mogu sdelat' to."
      • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 10, 2011
          Oh, sorry Sfandra. Gulf is a wonderfully fun event. I had a blast last year
          but this year is out of the cards since its around Baronial Investiture (I
          have SCA Grandkids!) and well, our due date for our first child. I would
          have loved to have seen everyone again. Sighs.

          Everyone going, keep us posted and take good pictures!

          Ianuk