Re: 10th century Rus

  • Spider
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
      thanks, you really have to dig through the biographies on some of these.
      Steph

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Kies <lkies319@...> wrote:

      > Greetings from Sofya.
      >
      > On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Catherine Olanich Raymond <
      > cathy@...> wrote:
      >
      > > On 01/07/2011 01:51 PM, Spider wrote:
      > > > Hello,
      > > > I'm looking for info on 10th century Rus clothing. Can someone point me
      > > in the right direction?
      > >
      > > Try this:
      > > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KWC.html
      > >

      > > Cathy Raymond
      > > cathy@...
      > >

      > There is also information here:
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/easybreezy.html
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/fancyschmancy.html
      > http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Dress+-+Clothing+and+Accessories
      >
      > At your service,
      >
      > Sofya

      > ___
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
      > {o,o}
      > (__(|
      > "Nasytivshimsya knizhnoj sladosti."
      > -^-^-`

    • Lisa Kies
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
        Did you mean bibliographies?

        I wasn't aware that these websites about Russian clothing also had
        biographies on them.

        ;-)

        I didn't realize that you were looking for _bibliographies_ rather than web
        articles. Go to the bottom of this page for my main sources:
        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KRC.html

        On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Spider <widowmakerelf@...> wrote:

        > thanks, you really have to dig through the biographies on some of these.
        > Steph

        Sofya

        ___
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
          oops, yup. Looking too long at the screen :-P
          Stephanie
          http://thespidersweb.webs.com/index.html

          "Separated from the natural world, we are lonely, destructive and guilty- but
          our solutions to environmental destruction are crafted within the frame of mind
          that created the division and isolation. "Saving nature" because it makes
          economic sense, because the natural world may contain drugs to heal human ills
          or even because doing so is "natural justice"- these are all arguments from the
          Cartesian world where mind acts on the world, observing, analyzing, quantifying.
          Above all, they are arguments, and in every argument there is a winner and a
          loser."
          David Suzuki, the Sacred Balance

          ________________________________
          I wasn't aware that these websites about Russian clothing also had
          biographies on them.

          ;-)

          I didn't realize that you were looking for _bibliographies_ rather than web
          articles. Go to the bottom of this page for my main sources:
          http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KRC.html

          On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Spider <widowmakerelf@...> wrote:

          > thanks, you really have to dig through the biographies on some of these.
          > Steph

          Sofya

          ___