Re: [sig] 10th century Rus

  • Lisa Kies
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
      Greetings from Sofya.

      On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Catherine Olanich Raymond <
      cathy@...> wrote:

      > On 01/07/2011 01:51 PM, Spider wrote:
      > > Hello,
      > > I'm looking for info on 10th century Rus clothing. Can someone point me
      > in the right direction?
      >
      > Try this:
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KWC.html
      >

      > Cathy Raymond
      > cathy@...

      There is also information here:
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/easybreezy.html
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/fancyschmancy.html
      http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Dress+-+Clothing+and+Accessories

      At your service,

      Sofya

      ___
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
      {o,o}
      (__(|
      "Nasytivshimsya knizhnoj sladosti."
      -^-^-`
    • Spider
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
        thanks, you really have to dig through the biographies on some of these.
        Steph

        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Kies <lkies319@...> wrote:

        > Greetings from Sofya.
        >
        > On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Catherine Olanich Raymond <
        > cathy@...> wrote:
        >
        > > On 01/07/2011 01:51 PM, Spider wrote:
        > > > Hello,
        > > > I'm looking for info on 10th century Rus clothing. Can someone point me
        > > in the right direction?
        > >
        > > Try this:
        > > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KWC.html
        > >

        > > Cathy Raymond
        > > cathy@...
        > >

        > There is also information here:
        > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/easybreezy.html
        > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/fancyschmancy.html
        > http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Dress+-+Clothing+and+Accessories
        >
        > At your service,
        >
        > Sofya

        > ___
        > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
        > {o,o}
        > (__(|
        > "Nasytivshimsya knizhnoj sladosti."
        > -^-^-`

      • Lisa Kies
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
          Did you mean bibliographies?

          I wasn't aware that these websites about Russian clothing also had
          biographies on them.

          ;-)

          I didn't realize that you were looking for _bibliographies_ rather than web
          articles. Go to the bottom of this page for my main sources:
          http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KRC.html

          On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Spider <widowmakerelf@...> wrote:

          > thanks, you really have to dig through the biographies on some of these.
          > Steph

          Sofya

          ___
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
            oops, yup. Looking too long at the screen :-P
            Stephanie
            http://thespidersweb.webs.com/index.html

            "Separated from the natural world, we are lonely, destructive and guilty- but
            our solutions to environmental destruction are crafted within the frame of mind
            that created the division and isolation. "Saving nature" because it makes
            economic sense, because the natural world may contain drugs to heal human ills
            or even because doing so is "natural justice"- these are all arguments from the
            Cartesian world where mind acts on the world, observing, analyzing, quantifying.
            Above all, they are arguments, and in every argument there is a winner and a
            loser."
            David Suzuki, the Sacred Balance

            ________________________________
            I wasn't aware that these websites about Russian clothing also had
            biographies on them.

            ;-)

            I didn't realize that you were looking for _bibliographies_ rather than web
            articles. Go to the bottom of this page for my main sources:
            http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KRC.html

            On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Spider <widowmakerelf@...> wrote:

            > thanks, you really have to dig through the biographies on some of these.
            > Steph

            Sofya

            ___