10th century Rus

  • Spider
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2011
      Hello,
      I'm looking for info on 10th century Rus clothing. Can someone point me in the right direction?

      Steph
    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2011
        On 01/07/2011 01:51 PM, Spider wrote:
        > Hello,
        > I'm looking for info on 10th century Rus clothing. Can someone point me in the right direction?

        Try this:
        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KWC.html

        Cathy Raymond
        cathy@...

        "I'm a little bit disappointed that cat plus Internet doesn't equal
        YouTube."— Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
      • Lisa Kies
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
          Greetings from Sofya.

          On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Catherine Olanich Raymond <
          cathy@...> wrote:

          > On 01/07/2011 01:51 PM, Spider wrote:
          > > Hello,
          > > I'm looking for info on 10th century Rus clothing. Can someone point me
          > in the right direction?
          >
          > Try this:
          > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KWC.html
          >

          > Cathy Raymond
          > cathy@...

          There is also information here:
          http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/easybreezy.html
          http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/fancyschmancy.html
          http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Dress+-+Clothing+and+Accessories

          At your service,

          Sofya

          ___
          http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
          {o,o}
          (__(|
          "Nasytivshimsya knizhnoj sladosti."
          -^-^-`
        • Spider
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
            thanks, you really have to dig through the biographies on some of these.
            Steph

            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Kies <lkies319@...> wrote:

            > Greetings from Sofya.
            >
            > On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Catherine Olanich Raymond <
            > cathy@...> wrote:
            >
            > > On 01/07/2011 01:51 PM, Spider wrote:
            > > > Hello,
            > > > I'm looking for info on 10th century Rus clothing. Can someone point me
            > > in the right direction?
            > >
            > > Try this:
            > > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KWC.html
            > >

            > > Cathy Raymond
            > > cathy@...
            > >

            > There is also information here:
            > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/easybreezy.html
            > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/fancyschmancy.html
            > http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Dress+-+Clothing+and+Accessories
            >
            > At your service,
            >
            > Sofya

            > ___
            > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
            > {o,o}
            > (__(|
            > "Nasytivshimsya knizhnoj sladosti."
            > -^-^-`

          • Lisa Kies
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
              Did you mean bibliographies?

              I wasn't aware that these websites about Russian clothing also had
              biographies on them.

              ;-)

              I didn't realize that you were looking for _bibliographies_ rather than web
              articles. Go to the bottom of this page for my main sources:
              http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KRC.html

              On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Spider <widowmakerelf@...> wrote:

              > thanks, you really have to dig through the biographies on some of these.
              > Steph

              Sofya

              ___
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
                oops, yup. Looking too long at the screen :-P
                Stephanie
                http://thespidersweb.webs.com/index.html

                "Separated from the natural world, we are lonely, destructive and guilty- but
                our solutions to environmental destruction are crafted within the frame of mind
                that created the division and isolation. "Saving nature" because it makes
                economic sense, because the natural world may contain drugs to heal human ills
                or even because doing so is "natural justice"- these are all arguments from the
                Cartesian world where mind acts on the world, observing, analyzing, quantifying.
                Above all, they are arguments, and in every argument there is a winner and a
                loser."
                David Suzuki, the Sacred Balance

                ________________________________
                I wasn't aware that these websites about Russian clothing also had
                biographies on them.

                ;-)

                I didn't realize that you were looking for _bibliographies_ rather than web
                articles. Go to the bottom of this page for my main sources:
                http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KRC.html

                On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Spider <widowmakerelf@...> wrote:

                > thanks, you really have to dig through the biographies on some of these.
                > Steph

                Sofya

                ___