Re: period-ish buttons for Polish doublet

  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
      <<Greetings all. I'm working on a bodice for myself. Polish late period
      women's clothes began to copy men's styles. I'm not sure if I will
      eventurally go with the dangling buttons or go with the flat trim
      (parmentiere?).
      If you've found a supplier, please send their name my way!
      In Service,
      Magdalena>>

      I haven't. I make my own. Although Fire Mountain has some that work.
      http://www.firemountaingems.com/
      --
      Zygmunt Nadratowski
      "Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the

    • John Staeck
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
        You might try renaissance-reflections.com  as they have a variety of cast buttons, mostly flat, but with many different styles.  If the specific link doesn't come through (from memory here) you might Google or search :renaissance-reflections buttons sca" - best, Janos