period-ish buttons for Polish doublet

  • Magdalena
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2011
      Greetings all. I'm working on a bodice for myself. Polish late period women's clothes began to copy men's styles. I'm not sure if I will eventurally go with the dangling buttons or go with the flat trim (parmentiere?).

      If you've found a supplier, please send their name my way!

      In Service,
      Magdalena
    • kevin purtrell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2011
        Hi
        Do you have a picture so I have a better idea of what you want?

        Kevin Ambrozijwski

        Greetings all. I'm working on a bodice for myself. Polish late period women's clothes began to copy men's styles. I'm not sure if I will eventurally go with the dangling buttons or go with the flat trim (parmentiere?).

        If you've found a supplier, please send their name my way!

        In Service,
        Magdalena

      • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
          <<Greetings all. I'm working on a bodice for myself. Polish late period
          women's clothes began to copy men's styles. I'm not sure if I will
          eventurally go with the dangling buttons or go with the flat trim
          (parmentiere?).
          If you've found a supplier, please send their name my way!
          In Service,
          Magdalena>>

          I haven't. I make my own. Although Fire Mountain has some that work.
          http://www.firemountaingems.com/
          --
          Zygmunt Nadratowski
          "Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the

        • John Staeck
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2011
            You might try renaissance-reflections.com  as they have a variety of cast buttons, mostly flat, but with many different styles.  If the specific link doesn't come through (from memory here) you might Google or search :renaissance-reflections buttons sca" - best, Janos