trying to get my name authorized in the sca... help!

  • Chelsea Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
      alrighty anyone who knows about the sca name authorization proceedure and or slavic names please help! I'm having trouble figuring out how to document my name. My name is Draven Petrova; Draven as in the river Drave which borders on the country of croatia, perfect considering that its the country my persona is from ( Neretva Pirate is my persona, 9th century). I do not however know if this would be an acceptable first name in the 9th century or if so what kind of documentation do i need to provide to get the name registered. If you have any info please let me know! Thanks!

    • Patricia Hefner
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
        I'm not a Croatian persona. Maybe the SIG website has the info you need.
        THL Isabelle de Foix

        blog URL: http://verte76.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
          On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Chelsea Johnson <cjohnson_008@...> wrote:

          > alrighty anyone who knows about the sca name authorization proceedure and or slavic
          > names please help!

          Have a look through the Slavic names section at Saint Gabriel. Since
          they are documented to period, you'll get an idea what sorts of names
          were used.

          http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/slavic.shtml

          Kazimira