Icon painting workshop, Jan 17-22

  • Owlharp@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2010
      Unto her fellow Slavs does Fevronia Murometsa send greetings!

      I thought some folks might be interested in this workshop.

      We would like to bring to your attention an Iconography Workshop
      to be held at St. Philip's Episcopal Church in Laurel, MD, Jan. 17-22,
      2011.

      Master iconographer, Professor Philip Davydov, from St. Petersburg,
      Russia,
      will come to St. Philip's Episcopal Church. Prof. Davydov will hold a
      workshop on writing (painting) icons from Monday thru Saturday. This is
      an
      intensive workshop, but Prof. Davydov will be there to guide you through
      each step. The cost for the week is $600. Prof. Davydov provides all
      materials needed, including the icon board. The class is 9 to 5 except
      for
      Saturday which is 9 to 2.

      Learn more and sign up for the course at Prof. Davydov's web site.
      http://sacredmurals.com/gallery/index.php?p=pages&title=icon_workshop17-2
      2_jan_2011
      Also see photographs of previous workshops.
      http://sacredmurals.com/gallery/index.php?album=icon_writing_courses
      Interested parties should sign up as soon as possible, so that Prof.
      Davydov
      can make his plans accordingly.
    • magdalenag56
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2010
        My love of art and Russian Icons blossomed when I took my first icon class several years ago. If you have the opportunity, I encourage you to take an icon class.

        YIS
        Magdalena