Re: [sig] Historical information on Oklads (icon covers)

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2010
      You can come up here to Massachusetts and see late period oklads in the Museum of Russian Icons. IIRC, their oldest one dates from the 17th C.

      --Sfandra

      ******************
      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      KOE, OM, Haus VDK, East Kingdom
      http://sfandra.webs.com
      Never 'pearl' your butt.
      "Ja mogu sdelat' to."

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2010
        I'd love to visit the Icon museum. I'm hoping 2011 will be the year my husband and I will get a second car. That will ease up my travel plans.

        YIS,
        Magdalena