Historical information on Oklads (icon covers)

  • Magdalena
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2010
      Greetings all. Can anyone help me with the historical aspects of oklads? I found some information through restorers on the dimensions which is a beginning. I would like to add this aspect of icons to my class information.

      Please feel free to email me privately.

      In Service,
      Magdalena

      PS So who's hosting the next Slavic U (poke, poke)?
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2010
        You can come up here to Massachusetts and see late period oklads in the Museum of Russian Icons. IIRC, their oldest one dates from the 17th C.

        --Sfandra

        ******************
        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        KOE, OM, Haus VDK, East Kingdom
        http://sfandra.webs.com
        ******************
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
        "Ja mogu sdelat' to."
        ******************

        > me with the historical aspects of oklads? I found some
        > information through restorers on the dimensions which is a
        > beginning. I would like to add this aspect of icons to my
        > class information.
        >
        > Please feel free to email me privately.
        >
        > In Service,
        > Magdalena
        >
        > PS So who's hosting the next Slavic U (poke, poke)?

        >     sig-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Magdalena
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2010
          I'd love to visit the Icon museum. I'm hoping 2011 will be the year my husband and I will get a second car. That will ease up my travel plans.

          YIS,
          Magdalena