Re: [sig] Maestra

  • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2010
      What about Russian word Masteritsa (Mah|steh|ree'|tsah)? it's the female version
      of Master (Mah'|stehr) like a craftsman. I think it can be appropriate
      concidering that a Laurel is bestowed for an art or craft

      Lada

      Oooooh...
      SHINY!

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2010
        My husband went by remeshrenik for craftsman versus master since it
        was confusing having two master ivans around the kingdom. I'm not
        sure what the feminine form of it is.

        I go by Posadnitsa since I was a landed baroness when I was laurelled.

        Ianuk

        On Tuesday, October 19, 2010, Yevgeniya Pechenaya <ladie_lada@...> wrote:

        > What about Russian word Masteritsa (Mah|steh|ree'|tsah)? it's the female version
        > of Master (Mah'|stehr) like a craftsman. I think it can be appropriate
        > concidering that a Laurel is bestowed for an art or craft
        >
        > Lada
        >
        > Oooooh...
        > SHINY!

      • Lee
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 20, 2010
          Then in that case, as Lada pointed out. For a craftsman or craftswoman, go with Majstorica. That is a person who builds, or has earned an experience, or mastered a craft. I think it will be okay within the SCA to use that Slavic term. But, the decision is all yours. Luck.

          YiS
          Branimira
          East Kingdom.