Re: [sig] Maestra

  • Kresimir Zeravica
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2010
      wow i am stumped on this one cant think of a single commoners title for a female.
      here is some food for thought though...the head of a guild would have the title "Veliki Mestar" (the s in mestar is the sh sound letter)...while a master of a trade or artisan would be Mestar...i do believe that Majstor would be appropirate as well but has a much more modern ring to it.

      the title Mestar is borrowed from the italian Mastro = Maestro.

      sry i couldnt help u much with this I'll still keep an eye out for it though.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2010
        What about Russian word Masteritsa (Mah|steh|ree'|tsah)? it's the female version
        of Master (Mah'|stehr) like a craftsman. I think it can be appropriate
        concidering that a Laurel is bestowed for an art or craft

        Lada

        Oooooh...
        SHINY!

        ________________________________

> [...]

        * 1
        New Members
        * 1
        New FilesVisit Your Group
        Give Back
        Yahoo! for Good
        Get inspired
        by a good cause.
        Y! Toolbar
        Get it Free!
        easy 1-click access
        to your groups.
        Yahoo! Groups
        Start a group
        in 3 easy steps.
        Connect with others.
        Need to Reply?
        Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily
        Digest.
        Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Calendar

        Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to

      • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2010
          My husband went by remeshrenik for craftsman versus master since it
          was confusing having two master ivans around the kingdom. I'm not
          sure what the feminine form of it is.

          I go by Posadnitsa since I was a landed baroness when I was laurelled.

          Ianuk

          On Tuesday, October 19, 2010, Yevgeniya Pechenaya <ladie_lada@...> wrote:

          > What about Russian word Masteritsa (Mah|steh|ree'|tsah)? it's the female version
          > of Master (Mah'|stehr) like a craftsman. I think it can be appropriate
          > concidering that a Laurel is bestowed for an art or craft
          >
          > Lada
          >
          > Oooooh...
          > SHINY!

        • Lee
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 20, 2010
            Then in that case, as Lada pointed out. For a craftsman or craftswoman, go with Majstorica. That is a person who builds, or has earned an experience, or mastered a craft. I think it will be okay within the SCA to use that Slavic term. But, the decision is all yours. Luck.

            YiS
            Branimira
            East Kingdom.