Re: [sig] Re: Resources For Medieval Czech Female Names

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2010
      But they're all in Czech!
      THL Isabelle de Foix
      Kingdom of Meridies

      blog URL: http://verte76.blogspot.com/

      ________________________________
      From: Quokkaqueen <quokkaqueen@...>
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, September 24, 2010 6:41:34 PM
      Subject: [sig] Re: Resources For Medieval Czech Female Names

      Digging about the St. Gabriel archives, these books might help:

      Dobrava Moldanova/ _Nas^e Pr^i/jmeni/_ (Praha: Agentura Pankra/c, 2004)

      Gerhard Schlimpert, _Slawische Personennamen in Mittelalterlichen
      Quellen zur Deutschen Geschichte_ (Berlin: Akademie-Verlag, 1978)

      Jan Svoboda, _Staro{c^}eska/ Osobni/ Jme/na a Na{s^}e P{r^}i/jmeni/_
      (Praha, {C^}eskoslovenska/ Akademie Ve/d, 1964)

      z Rozmberk, Perchta and Anezka, _The Letters of the Rozmberk
      Sisters: Noblewomen in Fifteenth-Century Bohemia (Library of Medieval
      Women)_ (Ds Brewer, May 2001).

      And although it's Polish, it apparently contains Czech names?
      Taszycki, Witold (ed.), _S{l/}ownik Staropolskich Nazw Osobowych_,
      vols. I-VII (Wroc{l/}aw: Zak{l/}ad Narodowy Imienia Ossoli{n'}skich, Polska
      Akademia Nauk, 1965-1987)

      ~Asfridhr