Slovakia Flooding, High Tatras, Russian Empire pics, etc.

  • mccoy4984
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2010
      I've posted so many pictures on my blog in the last three weeks. First of all, I included a video of the Torysa river in Presov flooding during the spring. This was reportedly the worst flooding that anyone could remember. I also included some pictures from a friend's vacation in the High Tatras. Finally, I've posted a link to several pictures from the Russian Empire (including the Caucasus) that were taken in the early twentieth century. The amazing thing about these pictures is that they were taken in black and white but later converted to color as a result of certain filters that were used. I especially love the picture of T'bilisi circa 1910. It doesn't seem to have changed that much.

      These are the highlights but there are many more including some from Bardejov, Slovakia.

      You can access these at:

      http://travldawrld.blogspot.com/

      Thanks for viewing and feel free to leave a comment on the blog. Russ