Re: [sig] Ok, let's play with this lingua concept...

  • Anthony Bryant
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 7, 2010
      On Jul 7, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Sfandra wrote:

      > > > pardon my geek moment but: *squeal* Love that episode!
      > > >It's called "Darmok" and it was just on the BBCAmerica last
      > > >week one evening.
      > >
      > > Picard, his face in his palm.
      > >

      > > Effingham
      > >

      > THHhhhppppp! :D :D

      LOL!

      I love that episode, too. It strikes me as logically insane on all sorts of levels, but it's also just sooooo damned cool.

      I remember seeing an ad for a concert with Pickard in a vest and no shirt, ripping on a bass, and the slogan "DARMOK & JALAD at Tanagra -- September 1991" and featuring such songs as "Shaka, when the walls fell" and "Sokath, his eyes uncovered".

      Man, I want that on a shirt.

      Effingham
    • Elaine Manyoki
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 7, 2010
        That is a favorite of mine, as well. If you ever find a place that would put
        that on a shirt, let the rest of us know, OK?
        Katya

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 8, 2010
          On Jul 8, 2010, at 12:58 AM, Elaine Manyoki wrote:

          > That is a favorite of mine, as well. If you ever find a place that would put
          > that on a shirt, let the rest of us know, OK?

          Well, there's always CafePress. There is a "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" T-shirt there, but that's ALL it has. Very vanilla.

          Effingham
        • Elaine Manyoki
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 8, 2010
            Yeah, I see your point....besides which, if I DID get the shirt, and no photo to
            go along with the text, it would take me 45 minutes to explain to non-Trek folks
            what it meant....much as I have to do with my SCA garb, ...over, and over,
            and..well, you know...however, I have been thinking about making a shirt with my
            favorite line from the new Trek movie on it, and a photo of Chris Pine...when he
            tells the Romulan.."I got your gun!..."...or him and Karl Urban trying to cure
            his case of numb tongue...Those two moments are pure, classic Trek...
            Katya

            ________________________________
            On Jul 8, 2010, at 12:58 AM, Elaine Manyoki wrote:

            > That is a favorite of mine, as well. If you ever find a place that would put
            > that on a shirt, let the rest of us know, OK?

            Well, there's always CafePress. There is a "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" T-shirt
            there, but that's ALL it has. Very vanilla.

            Effingham

          • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 8, 2010
              Oh wow this is so cool! The scroll came out gorgeous!

              Thank you,

              Lada

              Oooooh...
              SHINY!

              ________________________________

              On Jul 7, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Sfandra wrote:

              > > > pardon my geek moment but: *squeal* Love that episode!
              > > >It's called "Darmok" and it was just on the BBCAmerica last
              > > >week one evening.
              > >
              > > Picard, his face in his palm.
              > >

              > > Effingham
              > >

              > THHhhhppppp! :D :D

              LOL!

              I love that episode, too. It strikes me as logically insane on all sorts of
              levels, but it's also just sooooo damned cool.

              I remember seeing an ad for a concert with Pickard in a vest and no shirt,
              ripping on a bass, and the slogan "DARMOK & JALAD at Tanagra -- September 1991"
              and featuring such songs as "Shaka, when the walls fell" and "Sokath, his eyes
              uncovered".

              Man, I want that on a shirt.

              Effingham

            • DariaH
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 12, 2010
                Is there a picture of this scroll for viewing. I'd love to see it!

                Magdalena