Re: [sig] Ok, let's play with this lingua concept...

  • Anthony Bryant
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 7, 2010
      On Jul 7, 2010, at 4:06 PM, Sfandra wrote:

      > > ________________________________
      > > From: Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...>
      >
      > > It sometimes reminds me of the episode of
      > > ST:TNG where Picard is stranded on a planet with an alien
      > > who only speaks in
      > > metaphors ...
      >
      > pardon my geek moment but: *squeal* Love that episode! It's called "Darmok" and it was just on the BBCAmerica last week one evening.

      Picard, his face in his palm.

      Effingham
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 7, 2010
        > > pardon my geek moment but: *squeal* Love that episode!
        > >It's called "Darmok" and it was just on the BBCAmerica last
        > >week one evening.
        >
        > Picard, his face in his palm.
        >

        > Effingham

        THHhhhppppp! :D :D

        --Sfandra
      • Anthony Bryant
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 7, 2010
          On Jul 7, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Sfandra wrote:

          > > > pardon my geek moment but: *squeal* Love that episode!
          > > >It's called "Darmok" and it was just on the BBCAmerica last
          > > >week one evening.
          > >
          > > Picard, his face in his palm.
          > >

          > > Effingham
          > >

          > THHhhhppppp! :D :D

          LOL!

          I love that episode, too. It strikes me as logically insane on all sorts of levels, but it's also just sooooo damned cool.

          I remember seeing an ad for a concert with Pickard in a vest and no shirt, ripping on a bass, and the slogan "DARMOK & JALAD at Tanagra -- September 1991" and featuring such songs as "Shaka, when the walls fell" and "Sokath, his eyes uncovered".

          Man, I want that on a shirt.

          Effingham
        • Elaine Manyoki
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 7, 2010
            That is a favorite of mine, as well. If you ever find a place that would put
            that on a shirt, let the rest of us know, OK?
            Katya

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 8, 2010
              On Jul 8, 2010, at 12:58 AM, Elaine Manyoki wrote:

              > That is a favorite of mine, as well. If you ever find a place that would put
              > that on a shirt, let the rest of us know, OK?

              Well, there's always CafePress. There is a "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" T-shirt there, but that's ALL it has. Very vanilla.

              Effingham
            • Elaine Manyoki
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 8, 2010
                Yeah, I see your point....besides which, if I DID get the shirt, and no photo to
                go along with the text, it would take me 45 minutes to explain to non-Trek folks
                what it meant....much as I have to do with my SCA garb, ...over, and over,
                and..well, you know...however, I have been thinking about making a shirt with my
                favorite line from the new Trek movie on it, and a photo of Chris Pine...when he
                tells the Romulan.."I got your gun!..."...or him and Karl Urban trying to cure
                his case of numb tongue...Those two moments are pure, classic Trek...
                Katya

                ________________________________
                On Jul 8, 2010, at 12:58 AM, Elaine Manyoki wrote:

                > That is a favorite of mine, as well. If you ever find a place that would put
                > that on a shirt, let the rest of us know, OK?

                Well, there's always CafePress. There is a "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" T-shirt
                there, but that's ALL it has. Very vanilla.

                Effingham

              • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 8, 2010
                  Oh wow this is so cool! The scroll came out gorgeous!

                  Thank you,

                  Lada

                  Oooooh...
                  SHINY!

                  ________________________________

                  On Jul 7, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Sfandra wrote:

                  > > > pardon my geek moment but: *squeal* Love that episode!
                  > > >It's called "Darmok" and it was just on the BBCAmerica last
                  > > >week one evening.
                  > >
                  > > Picard, his face in his palm.
                  > >

                  > > Effingham
                  > >

                  > THHhhhppppp! :D :D

                  LOL!

                  I love that episode, too. It strikes me as logically insane on all sorts of
                  levels, but it's also just sooooo damned cool.

                  I remember seeing an ad for a concert with Pickard in a vest and no shirt,
                  ripping on a bass, and the slogan "DARMOK & JALAD at Tanagra -- September 1991"
                  and featuring such songs as "Shaka, when the walls fell" and "Sokath, his eyes
                  uncovered".

                  Man, I want that on a shirt.

                  Effingham

                • DariaH
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 12, 2010
                    Is there a picture of this scroll for viewing. I'd love to see it!

                    Magdalena