Re: An Tirian was Russian apprenticeship

  • Quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
      But surely that analogy breaks down when it comes to the existence of a language called Drachenwaldian?

      Surely it would be easier to assume that everyone is (at the very least) bilingual and everyone is speaking a mutually understood lingua franca? Especially if we're discussing the SCA and the assumption that we are generally some sort of nobility, the implication is that we've had some level of education. (As evidenced by the fact that we're all apparently literate and writing these missives...)

      ~Asfridhr

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, bphall76@... wrote:
      <<Snip>>
      Why wouldn't the language of the Kingdom I live in be called after the kingdom? Don't those who live in Atlantia speak Atlantian?
      <<snip>>
      > Vasilisa
    • Lisa Kies
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
        SCA-tin?

        :-)

        Sofya
        On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Quokkaqueen <quokkaqueen@...> wrote:

        > Surely it would be easier to assume that everyone is (at the very least)
        > bilingual and everyone is speaking a mutually understood lingua franca?
        > Especially if we're discussing the SCA and the assumption that we are
        > generally some sort of nobility, the implication is that we've had some
        > level of education. (As evidenced by the fact that we're all apparently
        > literate and writing these missives...)
        >
        > ~Asfridhr
        >
        > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, bphall76@... wrote:
        > <<Snip>>
        > Why wouldn't the language of the Kingdom I live in be called after the
        > kingdom? Don't those who live in Atlantia speak Atlantian?
        > <<snip>>
        > > Vasilisa

      • Elaine Manyoki
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
          I don't know about Atlantian, but I definitely speak Trimarian, y'all....
          Katya