An Tirian was Russian apprenticeship

  • bphall76@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
      Well, no, but as a Russian would I actually speak English? How would I communicate with all my friends most of whom don't speak Russian? (More to the point, Vasilisa may speak Russian, but Britta's Russian is almost non-existent). Why wouldn't the language of the Kingdom I live in be called after the kingdom? Don't those who live in Atlantia speak Atlantian?

      Vasilisa

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
        Oh I can see this going down some interesting paths

        Yours in Humble Service,
        Dmitrii (Proud Trimarian)

        To: sig@yahoogroups.com
        From: bphall76@...
        Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:40:00 -0400
        Subject: [sig] An Tirian was Russian apprenticeship

        Well, no, but as a Russian would I actually speak English? How would I communicate with all my friends most of whom don't speak Russian? (More to the point, Vasilisa may speak Russian, but Britta's Russian is almost non-existent). Why wouldn't the language of the Kingdom I live in be called after the kingdom? Don't those who live in Atlantia speak Atlantian?

        Vasilisa

        There is actually a language called An Tirian??? :-)

        Patricia, an Atlantian

        Messages in this topic (4)

        Recent Activity: New Members 1
        Visit Your Group

        MARKETPLACE

        Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

        Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

        Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use

        .

      • Quokkaqueen
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
          But surely that analogy breaks down when it comes to the existence of a language called Drachenwaldian?

          Surely it would be easier to assume that everyone is (at the very least) bilingual and everyone is speaking a mutually understood lingua franca? Especially if we're discussing the SCA and the assumption that we are generally some sort of nobility, the implication is that we've had some level of education. (As evidenced by the fact that we're all apparently literate and writing these missives...)

          ~Asfridhr

          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, bphall76@... wrote:
          <<Snip>>
          Why wouldn't the language of the Kingdom I live in be called after the kingdom? Don't those who live in Atlantia speak Atlantian?
          <<snip>>
          > Vasilisa
        • Lisa Kies
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
            SCA-tin?

            :-)

            Sofya
            On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Quokkaqueen <quokkaqueen@...> wrote:

            > Surely it would be easier to assume that everyone is (at the very least)
            > bilingual and everyone is speaking a mutually understood lingua franca?
            > Especially if we're discussing the SCA and the assumption that we are
            > generally some sort of nobility, the implication is that we've had some
            > level of education. (As evidenced by the fact that we're all apparently
            > literate and writing these missives...)
            >
            > ~Asfridhr
            >
            > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, bphall76@... wrote:
            > <<Snip>>
            > Why wouldn't the language of the Kingdom I live in be called after the
            > kingdom? Don't those who live in Atlantia speak Atlantian?
            > <<snip>>
            > > Vasilisa

          • Elaine Manyoki
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
              I don't know about Atlantian, but I definitely speak Trimarian, y'all....
              Katya

              There is actually a language called An Tirian??? :-)

              Patricia, an Atlantian

              Messages in this topic (4)

              Recent Activity: New Members 1
              Visit Your Group

              MARKETPLACE

              Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the
              Yahoo! Toolbar now.