Re: [sig] Digest Number 3077

  • Mir Plemmons
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2010
      Well, technically it's just a dialect with only a few words that are not
      shared with the rest of KWSE (Knowne Worlde Standard English). There have
      been some less than reputable studies suggesting that this tongue is a
      creole but it has been repeatedly found to not even reach the level
      designated as pidgin.

      The stigma associated with speaking An Tirian among others of the Laurel
      Realms varies, and is most denigrated on the battlefield, where it is almost
      universally ignored - interestingly, An Tirians themselves will ignore it on
      the battlefield, out of a bidialectical ambivalence...

      (I *am* sorry - only those who've taken linguistics should be pounding their
      heads right now - I'm in this intensive refresher course right now, and
      flat-out couldn't resist!!

      in...service?
      Mir
      (An Tir)

      There is actually a language called An Tirian??? :-)

      Patricia, an Atlantian