2010 Sienkiewicz Laurel

  • rickjs
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2010
      Press Release:
      On July 4, 2010 the Sienkiewicz Society, an organization dedicated to the study of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth of the 17 th C, and neighboring lands and cultures, is awarding our biannual "Sienkiewicz Laurel" prize to Richard Brzezinski, researcher and author of several articles and books. The prize, which includes a modest cash award, is in recognition of Mr. Brzezinski's important contribution to public awareness of this otherwise little known epoch of history.

      Mr Brzezinski has been notified. We anticipate making the award on the afternoon of the 4th, before the reenactment of the Battle of Kluszyn, 1610, in Warsaw Poland.

      Prior recipients:
      * 2006 Ms. Kass McCann
      * 2008 Mr. Radek Sikora
    • Patoodle@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2010
        That must be this guy -- http://www.ospreypublishing.com/authors/richard_brzezinski/ -- right? Cool!

        Who is "Ms. Kass McCann"? Any relation to the Kass McGann of Reconstructing History?

        Patricia of Trakai

        n July 4, 2010 the Sienkiewicz Society, an organization dedicated to the study
        f the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth of the 17 th C, and neighboring lands and
        ultures, is awarding our biannual "Sienkiewicz Laurel" prize to Richard
        rzezinski, researcher and author of several articles and books. The prize,
        hich includes a modest cash award, is in recognition of Mr. Brzezinski's
        mportant contribution to public awareness of this otherwise little known epoch
        f history.
        Mr Brzezinski has been notified. We anticipate making the award on the
        fternoon of the 4th, before the reenactment of the Battle of Kluszyn, 1610, in
        arsaw Poland.
        Prior recipients:
        * 2006 Ms. Kass McCann
        * 2008 Mr. Radek Sikora

      • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2010
          <<That must be this guy --
          http://www.ospreypublishing.com/authors/richard_brzezinski/ -- right?
          Cool!>>

          Yep, that's him.

          <<Who is "Ms. Kass McCann"? Any relation to the Kass McGann of
          Reconstructing History?

          Patricia of Trakai>>

          Yes, that's her, just a typo.
          --