Re: Estonian chain hat

  • Kirsten O
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3 8:37 AM
      Wait! There's something else Estonian I haven't seen??? Where? I can't find it...

      Rekon of Saaremaa

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Quokkaqueen" <quokkaqueen@...> wrote:

      > Nadya,
      >
      > Where ever did you go to take photos of the awesome Estonian chain hat in the SIG photos folder?
      >
      > You must share details! =D
      >
      > ~Asfridhr, (who thinks *everyone* should go look in the 'Baltic' photo folder on the yahoo groups site.)

    • Quokkaqueen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3 5:02 PM
        My mistake, it was in the 'files' folder, not the 'photos' folder.

        (You might need to log in, there is link on the top left-hand side of the page.)

        There are photos listed as 'eesti diadem' including the photos and the line drawing from (I think?) "Eesti Rahva-Roivaid XIX Sajandist ja XX Sajandi."

        (PS. Have you seen these links? http://medieval-baltic.us/knowledge/?p=23)

        ~Asfridhr
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Kirsten O" <kirstenmae@...> wrote:

        > Wait! There's something else Estonian I haven't seen??? Where? I can't find it...
        >
        > Rekon of Saaremaa

      • Catherine Olanich Raymond
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3 5:38 PM
          On Thursday 03 June 2010 8:02:05 pm Quokkaqueen wrote:
          > My mistake, it was in the 'files' folder, not the 'photos' folder.
          >
          > Go to the Yahoo groups page:
          > there is link on the top left-hand side of the page.)

          I found it. It looks oddly like the type of headpiece vendors sell for belly
          dancers to wear. Hmmmm.

          --

          Cathy Raymond <cathy@...>

          "No one can make as disastrous a bad choice as a smart person, because they
          sell it to themselves really well."--Tobias Buckell
        • Kirsten O
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4 8:00 AM
            Woohoo! I'm making one!!! I have the technology! :D And yes, please, Nadya, where is this from? Everyone on my end of the Known World thinks I'm nutty for having an Estonian persona... but I love it. The main problem is documenting anything.

            A million thanks,

            Rekon of Saaremaa