Russian apprenticeship

  • bphall76@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2010
      Ok, so I'm in the process of negotiations for becoming an apprentice to one of my local Laurels. I think doing a Russian-ish apprentice contract would be way cool. When my proto-Peer did her apprenticeship there was a formal contract between her and her peer ( I was there, it was neat). I've read the contracts on Sof'ya's website, so I have something to start with. Any other ideas?

      This won't happen until the end of the summer, but life has a way of sneaking up on me.

      Thanks
      Vasilisa Myshkina
      Glymm Mere, An Tir

    • DariaH
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2010
        Vivat to you! This sounds so cool. Will you be apprenticing in Russian Studies or are you doing a Russian style contract in another area of interest?

        Either way, I look forward to hearing more.

        In Service,
        Magdalena
      • bphall76@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 28, 2010
          Out here, we generally don't "declare majors" as such. Most of the time when someone is elevated, you don't even hear what their specialty is. When my proto-Laurel was apprenticed, there was a formal period-style contract between her and her Laurel. It was very spiffy. I do Russian stuff mostly and my Laurel does Burgundian. I think it will be a Russian style contract. It would be cool if we could have the contract in An Tirian, Russian and whichever language they spoke in Besonscon during the time of Philip the Good of France.

          Vasilisa

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2010
            There is actually a language called An Tirian??? :-)

            Patricia, an Atlantian

            ut here, we generally don't "declare majors" as such. Most of the time when
            omeone is elevated, you don't even hear what their specialty is. When my
            roto-Laurel was apprenticed, there was a formal period-style contract between
            er and her Laurel. It was very spiffy. I do Russian stuff mostly and my
            aurel does Burgundian. I think it will be a Russian style contract. It would
            e cool if we could have the contract in An Tirian, Russian and whichever
            anguage they spoke in Besonscon during the time of Philip the Good of France.

            asilisa

            ubject: [sig] Re: Russian apprenticeship

            Vivat to you! This sounds so cool. Will you be apprenticing in Russian Studies
            r are you doing a Russian style contract in another area of interest?
            Either way, I look forward to hearing more.
            In Service,
            agdalena

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
              Well, no, but as a Russian would I actually speak English? How would I communicate with all my friends most of whom don't speak Russian? (More to the point, Vasilisa may speak Russian, but Britta's Russian is almost non-existent). Why wouldn't the language of the Kingdom I live in be called after the kingdom? Don't those who live in Atlantia speak Atlantian?

              Vasilisa

              There is actually a language called An Tirian??? :-)

              Patricia, an Atlantian

              Messages in this topic (4)

              Recent Activity: New Members 1
              Visit Your Group

              MARKETPLACE

              Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

              Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

              .

            • christopher chastain
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
                Oh I can see this going down some interesting paths

                Yours in Humble Service,
                Dmitrii (Proud Trimarian)

                To: sig@yahoogroups.com
                From: bphall76@...
                Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:40:00 -0400
                Subject: [sig] An Tirian was Russian apprenticeship

                Well, no, but as a Russian would I actually speak English? How would I communicate with all my friends most of whom don't speak Russian? (More to the point, Vasilisa may speak Russian, but Britta's Russian is almost non-existent). Why wouldn't the language of the Kingdom I live in be called after the kingdom? Don't those who live in Atlantia speak Atlantian?

                Vasilisa

                There is actually a language called An Tirian??? :-)

                Patricia, an Atlantian

                Messages in this topic (4)

                Recent Activity: New Members 1
                Visit Your Group

                MARKETPLACE

                Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

                Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

                Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use

                .

              • Quokkaqueen
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
                  But surely that analogy breaks down when it comes to the existence of a language called Drachenwaldian?

                  Surely it would be easier to assume that everyone is (at the very least) bilingual and everyone is speaking a mutually understood lingua franca? Especially if we're discussing the SCA and the assumption that we are generally some sort of nobility, the implication is that we've had some level of education. (As evidenced by the fact that we're all apparently literate and writing these missives...)

                  ~Asfridhr

                  --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, bphall76@... wrote:
                  <<Snip>>
                  Why wouldn't the language of the Kingdom I live in be called after the kingdom? Don't those who live in Atlantia speak Atlantian?
                  <<snip>>
                  > Vasilisa
                • Lisa Kies
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
                    SCA-tin?

                    :-)

                    Sofya
                    On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Quokkaqueen <quokkaqueen@...> wrote:

                    > Surely it would be easier to assume that everyone is (at the very least)
                    > bilingual and everyone is speaking a mutually understood lingua franca?
                    > Especially if we're discussing the SCA and the assumption that we are
                    > generally some sort of nobility, the implication is that we've had some
                    > level of education. (As evidenced by the fact that we're all apparently
                    > literate and writing these missives...)
                    >
                    > ~Asfridhr
                    >
                    > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, bphall76@... wrote:
                    > <<Snip>>
                    > Why wouldn't the language of the Kingdom I live in be called after the
                    > kingdom? Don't those who live in Atlantia speak Atlantian?
                    > <<snip>>
                    > > Vasilisa

                  • Elaine Manyoki
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 6, 2010
                      I don't know about Atlantian, but I definitely speak Trimarian, y'all....
                      Katya

                      There is actually a language called An Tirian??? :-)

                      Patricia, an Atlantian

                      Messages in this topic (4)

                      Recent Activity: New Members 1
                      Visit Your Group

                      MARKETPLACE

                      Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the
                      Yahoo! Toolbar now.