Re: [sig] Hi I'm Looking for Any Information on Hungarian Garb

  • John Staeck
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2010
      Slightly later (1st half of 14th) you might want to check out Kepes Kronica, AKA The Hungarian Illuminated Chronicle.  I have nothing off of the top of my head for the  late 13th, though, sorry.

      Janos

      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2010
        Since my ex hubby and I were Hungarian in garb for a good long time, I might be able to help you. There is a website running on the internet that is strictly Magyar, but it is a good place to see drawings and paintings of that time period. I also have a pattern for the 14th century chicoz (cowboy-equivalent) outfit that has wide legs and sort of angel sleeve arms. It's quite striking to see, and it might be a good look for you. Just drop me a message, and I can try to send you in the right direction. It was also fortunate that my inlaws were born and raised in Budapest, because they helped with some of the research. You are actually the third J'anos that I have heard of. My hubby was J'anos Levente, taking his surname from one of the Arpad kings.

        The Magyar website is HUNMAGYAR.org, and you'll find other links there as well.

        Katya
        (mka Elaine Manyoki..yeah, the real name is Hungarian, too!)