Several More Pictures . . .

  • mccoy4984
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 24, 2010
      added to my blog. I've posted some more for Prague, Georgian dancing, and from SE Asia. Please leave a comment at the site to tell me what you think of them.

      Russ
      http://travldawrld.blogspot.com/
    • Oni
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 25, 2010
        those pics were really great! thanks for sharing! i liked the ones at the old castle.

        Oni

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 26, 2010
          Thank YOU so much for commenting on them. Sometimes, I wonder if people like them or not because I rarely hear back from them. Have you traveled to any of those countries? They're all great but Georgia was the most interesting for me.

          Russ

          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Oni" <wicked_oni@...> wrote:

          > those pics were really great! thanks for sharing! i liked the ones at the old castle.
          >
          > Oni
          >

          > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "mccoy4984" <mccoy4984@> wrote:
          > >
          > > added to my blog. I've posted some more for Prague, Georgian dancing, and from SE Asia. Please leave a comment at the site to tell me what you think of them.
          > >
          > > Russ
          > > http://travldawrld.blogspot.com/

        • T Duran
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 26, 2010
            On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM, mccoy4984 <mccoy4984@...> wrote:

            > Thank YOU so much for commenting on them. Sometimes, I wonder if people like them or not because I rarely hear back from them. Have you traveled to any of those countries? They're all great but Georgia was the most interesting for me.

            I get to go soon ! EEEEEE!!! Plans are to fly into Batumi, take the
            overnight train to Tbilisi, and then "wing it" for two weeks, ending
            up back in Batumi to fly out.

            Is anyone else on the list specifically interested in Georgia ? I
            know they are not Slavic, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask...

            Kazimira
          • Oni
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 27, 2010
              I have not been to any of those countries, i plan on visiting Georgia sometime soon. I have visited Lithuania, Latvia, Czech Republic, Germany and Poland. I plan on visiting Slovenia and Croatia next year.

              I was born in USA and i live in Florida which is very nice, but if things do not improve economic wise for me i will be relocating to somewhere in central or Eastern Europe and getting dual citizenship.

              But i need to go and visit more before i can move. It is a dual edge sword, i can not get a job so i want to leave usa but i need a job be able to have funds to move. he hee.

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 27, 2010
                I plan to move somewhere like that once I retire. The US is changing so much that I feel more comfortable in other places than I do here. I would love to retire in Georgia assuming I can get some type of residency visa. I doubt I could get citizenship though. If you have any more questions about that part of the world, don't hesitate to ask.

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 27, 2010
                  Ahhh! Your dream is finally coming true! You'll love it! Batumi is right on the Black Sea. Please promise me you'll send me some pictures of your trip, okay?

                  Yes, the Georgians are not considered to be Slavic but I think their culture is influenced by that culture.

                  When are you leaving??? Russ
                  --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, T Duran <sazabhadri@...> wrote:

                  > On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM, mccoy4984 <mccoy4984@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Thank YOU so much for commenting on them. Sometimes, I wonder if people like them or not because I rarely hear back from them. Have you traveled to any of those countries? They're all great but Georgia was the most interesting for me.
                  > >

                  > I get to go soon ! EEEEEE!!! Plans are to fly into Batumi, take the
                  > overnight train to Tbilisi, and then "wing it" for two weeks, ending
                  > up back in Batumi to fly out.
                  >
                  > Is anyone else on the list specifically interested in Georgia ? I
                  > know they are not Slavic, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask...
                  >
                  > Kazimira

                • T Duran
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 27, 2010
                    On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM, mccoy4984 <mccoy4984@...> wrote:

                    > Ahhh! Your dream is finally coming true! You'll love it! Batumi is right on the Black Sea.

                    We're flying in from Istanbul, and it's something like a third of the
                    price to fly into Batumi versus Tbilisi. Hence the train. I'm having
                    trouble narrowing down the places I want to visit ! I expect I can
                    kill a few days just in the museums in Tbilisi alone. I definitely
                    want to see Gelati, and Mtshkheta, and I'd like to get up to Svaneti.
                    I'm not especially interested in vineyards, but I'd like to swing east
                    into Kakheti, so possibly down to Davit Gareja... I'm just hoping our
                    Russian is good enough to get by on.

                    > Please promise me you'll send me some pictures of your trip, okay?

                    I'll post them somewhere and link to them. :^) I just bought 24gig
                    worth of SD cards for my camera.

                    > When are you leaving???

                    We'll be in Georgia in early June. What is the weather likely to be
                    like then ? I'm guessing it may still be quite cool in the mountains,
                    but something like the 80's in Tbilisi ? The temperature ranges they
                    give on the travel sites are awfully broad.

                    Kazimira
                  • mccoy4984
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 28, 2010
                      It sounds like you have it very well planned out. Yes, you definitely need to visit Davit Gareja. It was an amazing experience! Don't forget my suggestion about the driver.

                      The weather is hard to predict but I think you have it about right. I'm planning to visit Georgia next spring for a few weeks. I just can't wait till my retirement to see that beautiful country again! I hope it doesn't affect you as strongly as it did me:)

                      Keep me posted, okay? Russ