Pennsic Planning

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 15, 2010
      So... with the Pennsic U booklet deadline looming, and finally knowing that I'm going this year, it's time to decide What To Teach.

      Has anyone else decided that they're going & what they might be teaching?

      I'm thinking possibly a basic gerdany class and an intermediate one. After that... I'm not sure. Suggestions? Lots of folks here have taken classes from me -- any requests? I have no problem teaching the same class year after year; I see different faces every time.

      Cheers,
      Sfandra

      ******************
      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      KOE, OM, Haus VDK, East Kingdom
      http://sfandra.webs.com
      ******************
      Never 'pearl' your butt.
      "Ja mogu sdelat' to."
      ******************
    • lori/ raven
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 19, 2010
        I'm teaching "How to teach", mainly because so many classes I took had "talking heads". They've scheduled me for 2 time/day slots

        raven

        After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 19, 2010
          This is the schedule they gave me:

          Class Name:

          SchedDate:

          SchedTime:

          Location:

          Making a Class of Your Passion

          Sun, 8

          10:00:00 AM

          AS9

          Making a Class of Your Passion

          Thu, 12

          12:00:00 PM

          AS9

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 19, 2010
            Greetings I am wondeirng if you have the notes from last year's Pennsic classes and would share them...

            11am – Early Russian Clothing. A look at early Russian clothing from the 10th to the 13th centuries. Learn the pieces, patterns, finishes, ornaments, and accessories. Examples will be shown, and handouts available. (1 hour) Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova. A&S 9.

            11am – Early Russian History. A look at the formation of the Rus' nation and its history - social, economic, and political - until the burning of Kiev by Mongol forces in 1240 AD. (1 hour) Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova. A&S 6.

            Thanks in advance,

            Natal'ia Georgivicha

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 20, 2010
              I'll have handouts available after Pennsic.

              The Early Russian Clothing class involves hand-drawn images that I've never scanned into a computer, and the Early Russian History handout is being reviewed for re-editing.

              --Thanks
              Sfandra Dmitrieva

              ******************

            • Patoodle@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 27, 2010
                So, the deadline to register your Pennsic University classes and get them listed in the Pennsic 39 book is Saturday!

                We've got Sfandra's thoughts listed below ... I believe Marija is working on a Slavic Paganism class ... Mordok signed us up for a SIG social....

                I would still very much like to teach a one-hour class on the Battle of Grunwald (600 years ago this year). What would be a good title to get people in the door? I was thinking of "Smackdown of the Teutonic Knights: The Battle of Grunwald on Its 600th Anniversary." *grin*

                Also, what would be interesting to talk about? I don't do heavy fighting, though I could read up a bit on the battle tactics.

                When during the war would be good for me to teach a Grunwald class? What about fighters who want to attend?

                Finally, would it be inappropriate (or too anachronistic) to talk about some of the long-term ramifications of Grunwald, even post-SCA period (its propaganda value both during World War I and during the breakup of the Soviet Union)? Maybe that could be just five minutes at the end. (I also have a vivid description of the 500th-anniversary commemoration of the battle in 1910, thanks to the New York Times.)

                Also, I don't mind teaching another general class on medieval Lithuania, so I'd like some feedback from people who have already taken it. Maybe I will mix up the topics a bit. What do you think -- fewer Grand Dukes, more music?

                Thanks,
                Patricia

                http://ladypatriciaoftrakai.blogspot.com

                So... with the Pennsic U booklet deadline looming, and finally knowing that I'm
                oing this year, it's time to decide What To Teach.
                Has anyone else decided that they're going & what they might be teaching?
                I'm thinking possibly a basic gerdany class and an intermediate one. After
                hat... I'm not sure. Suggestions? Lots of folks here have taken classes from
                e -- any requests? I have no problem teaching the same class year after year;
                see different faces every time.
                Cheers,
                fandra

                ******************
                osadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                OE, OM, Haus VDK, East Kingdom
                ttp://sfandra.webs.com
              • Petr
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 27, 2010
                  >The Battle of Grunwald (600 years ago this year). . .
                  I don't know enough about it to say anything useful.

                  > another general class on medieval Lithuania
                  Although it just hasn't worked out for me to get to one of these, I am still interested.

                  Thanks . . .

                  Petr Kotok
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 27, 2010
                    I've submitted my classes.

                    I'll have 2 sessions of the old standard: Early Russian Clothing (because honestly, when I get 20+ students every time, it's worth it to keep it going). Then one session of Early Russian History. And 1 Two-Hour Gerdany class, where we'll try to make headway on a collar necklace rather than just a simple bracelet.

                    --Sfandra

                    ******************

                  • Patoodle@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 27, 2010
                      Oh, I soooooo want to take the gerdany class!! (Yeah, so I should have gotten an earlier start on the day of Slavic U.....)

                      So, do you think "Smackdown of the Teutonic Knights" is a good title for the Grunwald class, or will all the SCA knights with Teutonic/Crusader personas show up fully armed at my A&S class? :-)

                      Patricia

                      I'll have 2 sessions of the old standard: Early Russian Clothing (because
                      onestly, when I get 20+ students every time, it's worth it to keep it going).
                      hen one session of Early Russian History. And 1 Two-Hour Gerdany class, where
                      e'll try to make headway on a collar necklace rather than just a simple
                      racelet.
                      --Sfandra
                      ******************
                      osadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                      OE, OM, Haus VDK, East Kingdom
                      ttp://sfandra.webs.com
                      *****************
                      ever 'pearl' your butt.
                      Ja mogu sdelat' to."
                      *****************

                      To: sig@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 27, 2010
                        Hell yeah! oh and is there a problem with them showing up? the more the merrier!

[...]

                        ************ *****
                        ever 'pearl' your butt.
                        Ja mogu sdelat' to."
                        ************ *****

                        To: sig@yahoogroups. com

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 28, 2010
                          --- On Tue, 4/27/10, Patoodle@... <Patoodle@...> wrote:

                          > From: Patoodle@... <Patoodle@...>

                          > So, do you think "Smackdown of the Teutonic Knights" is a
                          > good title for the Grunwald class, or will all the SCA
                          > knights with Teutonic/Crusader personas show up fully armed
                          > at my A&S class? :-)

                          If they do, they can sit down & learn something!!!

                          LOL!!

                          --Sfandra