block printing

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2000
      >I use Delta Ceramcoat acrylic paint. It comes in a
      >bazillion colors (I counted!), including gold and
      >silver, and it cleans up quickly.

      How is it for using on fabric? Does it stay bright after washing and drying?

      >I would recommend
      >using a foam roller (look in the stenciling section of
      >the craft store) instead of dipping the stamp in the
      >paint; dipping makes it goopy. If you can't find a
      >roller, use a foam brush to load the stamp.

      We smeared the paint on glass and then dipped the stamp in it, but you are
      right, a roller would work much better. There is some special name for the
      roller, but I can't remember what it is right now.

      >There are some foam stamps in the craft stores that
      >might work for your purposes, BTW, both open cell and
      >closed cell foam. The open cell foam takes a boatload
      >of paint to load it, just so you know.

      Of course, you could also get some foam and cut it into shapes and glue it
      to your wood. It would give a different effect than the rubber. I'm sure
      that your local fighters would have some scraps of foam lying around that
      they might give to you.

      >Post pics when you get it done? Pretty please?

      Hahahahahaha! You are soooo funny! I, actually finish anything? What a
      riot...

      --Yana ;)
    • Diane S. Sawyer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2000
        --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...> wrote:
        > >I use Delta Ceramcoat acrylic paint. It comes in a
        > >bazillion colors (I counted!), including gold and
        > >silver, and it cleans up quickly.
        >
        > How is it for using on fabric? Does it stay bright
        > after washing and drying?

        Seems to. In fact, you set the paint by tossing it in
        a dryer after you're done stamping it and it's
        air-dried. The gold and silver give a really cool
        effect.

        > >I would recommend
        > >using a foam roller (look in the stenciling section
        > of
        > >the craft store) instead of dipping the stamp in
        > the
        > >paint; dipping makes it goopy. If you can't find a
        > >roller, use a foam brush to load the stamp.
        >
        > We smeared the paint on glass and then dipped the
        > stamp in it, but you are
        > right, a roller would work much better. There is
        > some special name for the
        > roller, but I can't remember what it is right now.

        A brayer?

        > >There are some foam stamps in the craft stores that
        > >might work for your purposes, BTW, both open cell
        > and
        > >closed cell foam. The open cell foam takes a
        > boatload
        > >of paint to load it, just so you know.
        >
        > Of course, you could also get some foam and cut it
        > into shapes and glue it
        > to your wood. It would give a different effect than
        > the rubber. I'm sure
        > that your local fighters would have some scraps of
        > foam lying around that
        > they might give to you.

        That, or you can buy thin pieces of foam in the craft
        department of Wal-Mart. I haven't gotten around to
        trying it. (New Year's Resolution #2: Clean out the
        sewing room so things can be sewn in there!)
        (Resolution #1 was "Eat chocolate.")

        > >Post pics when you get it done? Pretty please?
        >
        > Hahahahahaha! You are soooo funny! I, actually
        > finish anything? What a
        > riot...
        >
        > --Yana ;)

        Oh, good. I'm not the only one.

        Tasha
        http://messenger.yahoo.com
      • Maggie Allen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2000
          Someone also suggested using old mouse pads as rubber stamp material (we
          weren't talking about fabric stamping but it might work).

          >> >Post pics when you get it done? Pretty please?
          >>
          >> Hahahahahaha! You are soooo funny! I, actually
          >> finish anything? What a
          >> riot...
          >>
          >> --Yana ;)

          How about posting pictures when you get started? :-)

          >Oh, good. I'm not the only one.
          >
          >Tasha

          Not even close to the only one - do you know any SCAdians who don't have a
          half dozen unfinished projects? (Okay - one or two of them might have a
          different half dozen projects than they started with but I think they are
          the minority).

          Maggie/Margarita Kofinopoia
          Knowledge is a gift that increases when it's shared.
          http://whimsical.homepage.com
        • Diane S. Sawyer
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2000
            --- Maggie Allen <maggiea@...> wrote:
            > Someone also suggested using old mouse pads as
            > rubber stamp material (we
            > weren't talking about fabric stamping but it might
            > work).

            It might, at that, but you might get a strange texture
            from the texture of the rubber on one side and the
            fabric on the other. You could smooth this with a
            brush while the paint was still wet, I suppose, if it
            looked goofy.

            > >> Hahahahahaha! You are soooo funny! I, actually
            > >> finish anything? What a
            > >> riot...
            > >>
            > >> --Yana ;)
            >
            > How about posting pictures when you get started? :-)
            >

            > >Oh, good. I'm not the only one.
            > >
            > >Tasha
            >
            > Not even close to the only one - do you know any
            > SCAdians who don't have a
            > half dozen unfinished projects? (Okay - one or two
            > of them might have a
            > different half dozen projects than they started with
            > but I think they are
            > the minority).
            >
            > Maggie/Margarita Kofinopoia
            > Knowledge is a gift that increases when it's shared.
            > http://whimsical.homepage.com

            Oh, golly -- I peeked into the needlework newsgroup
            and they all seem to have 6 (or more) projects going
            at once! I suppose it keeps you from getting bored,
            but I'm afraid I'd never get anything done.

            Tasha
            http://im.yahoo.com